New aircraft downloads for Realflight 9.5?

brianMichigan

Hello. I was wondering if there is a way to download the "HobbyZone Carbon Cub S 2 1.3m with SAFE Technology" for Realflight 9.5? I see it listed in the Evolution version. Do I need to upgrade to get that or can I download it somewhere? Sorry, pretty new to this so I appreciate any help you all can provide.

Thanks!
Brian

You'd have to upgrade to get the official version of that plane. RF doesn't release the new planes for older versions of the software.

If you look through the Swap Pages, you may find that someone has already made an unofficial version of it.

You'd have to upgrade to get the official version of that plane. RF doesn't release the new planes for older versions of the software.

If you look through the Swap Pages, you may find that someone has already made an unofficial version of it.
Thanks for your help! I found the variant thanks for pointing that out! Do you know if it's worth the money for the upgrade from 9.5 to Evolution? Looks like I need to pay the full $99 to upgrade?

As far as I can tell, the simulator program itself changed very little between those two versions. Most of what you'd be paying for is new aircraft and flying sites (listed on this page). Evo is only distributed through Steam, which in a lot of ways makes life easier by managing the installation and updates for you. Steam also opens the door to downloadable content (DLC), which is add-on sales. Horizon plans to release new aircraft and sites for Evo available as DLC, which you can choose to buy individually or in quarterly packages. If the new aircraft/sites and the ability to keep adding more as DLC make it worthwhile to you, then by all means, upgrade.

How much do you spend on RC models every year? Another way to get Evo and the DLC content is to join the Elite RC Club at horizonhobby.com. That costs $130 a year, but it includes RealFlight Evo and the DLC released during your membership period. It also includes a rewards points program, free 2-day shipping, a $30 birthday coupon, and other perks described here. That may be a much better value proposition for you as a package rather than purchasing RealFlight alone if you like shopping at horizonhobby.com.

Wow!! Thanks a ton for this information! Very helpful. I will look in to joining. In the meantime one more question please, I have a UMX Pitts plane and there’s not a sim for it. I noticed the download someone created for it requires add-on 4. Where can I find that add-on?

Thanks again!
Brian

A variant isn't an entire plane. It's a set of modifications to an existing plane. In this case, someone may have done some editing to downsize a bigger version of the Pitts. That's why it requires something else to have installed the plane already.

The Add-On packs apply to older versions of RF. I'm not sure if they have all been incorporated into more recent versions of RF.

I just tried the UMX Pitts that I think you found in the Swap Pages, and it doesn't work on RF 9.5. The Pitts aircraft it modifies doesn't exist. It's looking for a Great Planes 1/3-scale Pitts. RF 9.5 has a Hangar 9 Pitts instead.

Last edited:
Back