New Product: Great Planes RealFlight Drone w/InterLink Elite

This software is already included in 7.5. The Drone simulator is for those interested in only learning about flying drones ?
RF Drone is already included in RF 7.5. In the here Multiplayer ?
RF Drone All drone In the latest G7.5 version ?

Last edited:
Great timing on the release of Realflight Drone. My good old RF G3 interlink plus controller is starting to play up a bit. Also, I have been getting into fpv multicopters quite a bit over the past 10 months. So, good way to update my old controller and get some nice drones to play with. I just ordered this from Tower so hopefully it will get here before Xmas.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll upgrade my current RF G5.5, lol!

Last edited:
This software is already included in 7.5. The Drone simulator is for those interested in only learning about flying drones ?
RF Drone is already included in RF 7.5. In the here Multiplayer ?
RF Drone All drone In the latest G7.5 version ?

Realflight Drone is a separate and new product. It is based on Realflight 7.5 but is an multirotor only version.

Realflight Drone is NOT multi-player.

You already have 90% of the multirotors included in Realflight Drone in your Realflight 7.5.

As a standalone product RealFlight Drone is naturally a separate installation. As csgill75 suggested, upgrading it to 7.5 by purchasing the software-only upgrade would be like upgrading from, say, 6.5. The end result would be two separate installations. Just remember that RealFlight Drone and the InterLink Elite will still be considered part of a single software package, meaning you could not sell just the RF Drone software and keep the InterLink for use with 7.5.

Thanks 12oclockhigh. :)

Am I going to have any problems pairing my existing G5.5 installation with the new interlink controller I'll be getting with the RF Drome I just purchased? Thanks.

Am I going to have any problems pairing my existing G5.5 installation with the new interlink controller I'll be getting with the RF Drome I just purchased? Thanks.

No it will work fine. It's the same interlink controller that comes with version G4 and up. However if you decide to pass the Realflight Drone edition to someone else or sell it, it must include the interlink controller that comes with it.

Last edited:
No it will work fine. It's the same interlink controller that comes with version G4 and up. However if you decide to pass the Realflight Drone edition to someone else or sell it, it must include the interlink controller that comes with it.

Great, so after installing and registering it my older G5.5 is going to be happy using this newer controller? Thanks.

I got my RealFlight Drone today from Tower. Only took 9 days to Australia which is very good imho.

I had no problem installing/activating the software/controller. Afterwards I exited and started up my good old G5.5 and it automatically activated the new controller and worked no problem. My old G3 Interlink controller is now officially retired! The new Elite controller is very nice and I like the fact that it comes with a smooth throttle plate already installed.

I've tried all the Drones included and they all work well. My favourite by far is the Helimax Voltage 500 3D Quad. In 3D mode it is a real hoot to fly (I fly real RC 3d heli's) and with the nose camera (F2) on it provides a very exciting FPV experience (I fly real RC 250 racing quads). I figure I got my money's worth on this Quad alone! I hope you RF7.5 guys eventually get an upgrade to include this.

Many thanks to both RealFlight for such a nice product and to Tower for getting it here before Xmas. The empty box is now under the tree, lol!

Good to hear. As mentioned earlier you can also upgrade to 7.5 for $50.00 usd and have access to all the aircraft on the Swaps and practice your heli flying.

Have fun!

Good to hear. As mentioned earlier you can also upgrade to 7.5 for $50.00 usd and have access to all the aircraft on the Swaps and practice your heli flying.

Have fun!

Ya, I might update my good old G5.5 one of these days, lol! Very nice to have the economical option to do so. For now, G5.5 works well (even better with my nice new Elite controller) for all the planes and heli's I fly.

The only Quad I already have for G5.5 is a Gaui 330x-s Quad Flyer v2 that I got from the G5.5 swap pages. It actually fly's quite a bit better than the same one that comes with RF Drone imho. More stable (less wobbles) at high speed and able to flip/roll much faster.

It may be a good idea for RF to adjust the gains on some of the RF Drone ones. Many of them do exhibit a bit of high speed wobble when FPV viewed using the nose or gimbal cameras.

Also, the Helimax 500 3D really needs a better throttle curve. There is far too much lag around mid-stick as you go from upright to inverted. Probably needs to be steepened a bit in order to get a faster transition.

I realise that this is the 1st edition so hopefully some of these issues will be addressed in future updates.

Overall, I am still very happy with RF Drones.

All but two of the multirotors in Realflight Drone are included in Realflight 7.5. Like 5.5, you can edit and adjust the gains for the models with the aircraft editor and 7.5 has a multirotor flight controller that 5.5 doesn't have with the same features you're using in Realflight Drone. Unfortunately the models that you fly isn't one of the included models, yet. Hopefully we will get them in the future.

All but two of the multirotors in Realflight Drone are included in Realflight 7.5. Like 5.5, you can edit and adjust the gains for the models with the aircraft editor and 7.5 has a multirotor flight controller that 5.5 doesn't have with the same features you're using in Realflight Drone. Unfortunately the models that you fly isn't one of the included models, yet. Hopefully we will get them in the future.

Thinking about it a bit more I can probably use my Spektrum DX18 with the RF Drone's included adapter and program a diff throttle curve on my DX18 for the Helimax Voltage 500 3D Quad.

I hate to do this since the beauty of RF (I've been using it since G2 btw) is being able to have the RF controller handy, next to my PC, so I actually use it. Also nice not to have to wear out my actual RC Tx. Still, might give it a go anyway.

Also, is it possible to add a self-levelling gimballed camera in RG 7.5? This would be very handy for fast simulated 250 quad racing imho.

I've tried the Quadcopter Trials Challenge option but because they do not have a FPV-view mode option (just LOS) they are not very useful for me. They are probably very useful for LOS multirotor flight training though. Just not something that I need or want.

Also, is it possible to add a self-levelling gimballed camera in RG 7.5? This would be very handy for fast simulated 250 quad racing imho.

Yes this functionality exists in Realflight 7.5. Everything that you have in Realflight Drone with the exception of the 2 models and the gadget that tells you what flight mode you are in, exists in Realflight 7.5. People already have created AV's of quads and race them in multi-player.

Last edited:
Add Software, "Complex Input Feed" (Throttle)

Thinking about it a bit more I can probably use my Spektrum DX18 with the RF Drone's included adapter and program a diff throttle curve on my DX18 for the Helimax Voltage 500 3D Quad.

I hate to do this since the beauty of RF (I've been using it since G2 btw) is being able to have the RF controller handy, next to my PC, so I actually use it. Also nice not to have to wear out my actual RC Tx. Still, might give it a go anyway.

If your only reason for using your DX18, is for a throttle curve feature. This feature is also available in the RF software Editor. (Old editor and New)
Just add a "Advanced Input Feed".
Load the aircraft you want to edit. In the main menu, Click: Aircraft>Edit (aircraft name).
In the Editor, Click the "Radio" tab. Throttle will be on Output Ch3,(mode 2) Click on it. (You may want to expand it and look around)
Now, Look at the top Left, of the Editor Window. Click Options>Control Surface Deflections>Advanced.
Next, With "Output CH3" Highlighted, Click: Component>Add>Complex Input Feed. Note: A new Input will be added to the bottom of the CH3 drop down list. Click on it.
In The Right portion of the window, Under Parameter, next to Curve: Click: <<Graph Points>>. This will illuminate a square box to the right. Click on it.
In the window that opens, in the Graph, you can drag the points, to the desired location, or, on the left side of the window, manipulate the points digitally.
To Add More Points to the Graph, Right Click, a new point will be added. Right click on the point, again, and it can be removed. Adjust points to the desired location. Click "OK"
If you choose to Exit the simulator, Click: "File", Option you wish to use. Save Or Not.
Note: Stock RF Aircraft Files are Protected. You cant mess them up. You will be prompted to "Save As". a new (custom aircraft) name. Swap files Can be OVERWRITTEN. Making changes to Swap Page planes: Its a good idea to "Save As"(New name.) That way, the original Download file, can be retained for later reference.

Last edited:
If your only reason for using your DX18, is for a throttle curve feature. This feature is also available in the RF software Editor. (Old editor and New)
Load the aircraft you want to edit. In the main menu, Click: Aircraft>Edit (aircraft name).
In the Editor, Click the "Radio" tab. Throttle will be on Output Ch3,(mode 2) Click on it. (You may want to expand it and look around)
Now, Look at the top Left, of the Editor Window. Click Options>Control Surface Deflections>Advanced.
Next, With "Output CH3" Highlighted, Click: Component>Add>Complex Input Feed. Note: A new Input will be added to the bottom of the CH3 drop down list. Click on it.
In The Right portion of the window, Under Parameter, next to Curve: Click: <<Graph Points>>. This will illuminate a square box to the right. Click on it.
In the window that opens, in the Graph, you can drag the points, to the desired location, or, on the left side of the window, manipulate the points digitally.
To Add More Points to the Graph, Right Click, a new point will be added. Right click on the point, again, and it can be removed. Adjust points to the desired location. Click "OK"
If you choose to Exit the simulator, Click: "File", Option you wish to use. Save Or Not.
Note: Stock RF Aircraft Files are Protected. You cant mess them up. You will be prompted to "Save As". a new (custom aircraft) name. Swap files Can be OVERWRITTEN. Making changes to Swap Page planes: Its a good idea to "Save As"(New name.) That way, the original Download file, can be retained for later reference.

Ya, I already do all this in G5.5. However RF Drone, like RF Basic, does not let you edit any models. Nor does it allow you to input additional models via swap pages or addons.

The stock throttle on the 500 3D is still quite flyable. You just need to quickly move the stick ~+/- 25% on either side of mid-stick. Not too bad once you get used to it.

No Editor in Realflight Drone. Stock models are all that is available and no AV's or importing/exporting models is available. There is no Multi-player either.

If Realflight 7.5 ever does get the 2 models from Realflight Drone, and the Flight mode gadget, then We would have everything Realflight Drone has. It may come in the distant future, only time will tell as it's probably up to the Publisher and not KE.

Last edited:
Back