New screenshots posted at RCGroups

Lots of Nice shots there.

That 300L and the runway there. it looks like a very rough runway. Dose it Respond like one ? :)

I also noticed the Frothing white foam off the Piper cub when it was just getting out of the water. Is there a plan to change that to some other sort of Casper or ripple effect other than the Froth. Speed reliant. Also some sort of Prop wash. especially when Hovering over the water. Heli or Aero.

If you say you will do it. i could wait till after X-Mass. or longer. just that it would be such a cool effect and would be like having a shadow. over water. (to some extent)

Nice Shots.

rjmanzuk said:
Interesting to note that while the objects in the water definitely produce wakes, the choppers flying close to the surface produce no downwash rippling or chop on the water surface. Can THAT be done eventually, as well?
Doh. I should not have spent so much time looking up Throthing in the Dictionary.

took me a while to find it under F hehe.

rjmanzuk said:
Interesting to note that while the objects in the water definitely produce wakes, the choppers flying close to the surface produce no downwash rippling or chop on the water surface. Can THAT be done eventually, as well?

I'm pretty sure there is downwash...

Attachments

• a1530700-149-ScreenShot1192744271.jpg
    a1530700-149-ScreenShot1192744271.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 136
  • a1530703-255-ScreenShot1192744329.jpg
    a1530703-255-ScreenShot1192744329.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 106
  • a1530706-187-ScreenShot1192744400.jpg
    a1530706-187-ScreenShot1192744400.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 104
BladeCP02 said:

From these pics it looks like Real Flight bought a water softener :D

This pic is when they didnt have one :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1192756307.jpg
    ScreenShot1192756307.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 107
Nope ... not even close

BladeCP02 said:
Here is what REAL world downwash looks like, my friend. The green-outlined areas in your screen shots aren't even located where the downwash would strike the surface. Don't know what those aberrations might be, by the way, but downwash? No way.
Question remains on the table.

G4 does have downwash and propwash water effects. They're subtle and most pleasing to watch when everything's in motion.

Japhet said:
G4 does have downwash and propwash water effects. They're subtle and most pleasing to watch when everything's in motion.
Cool.

Although I love the Big wash as in the Magnificent Pictures RJ posted. that level of effect would be a little unreal.

though.

Dose the scale change with larger Planes ?

It is subtle on smaller planes/heli. and rarely froths.

Look forward to Testing the larger planes.

HX3D014 said:
Cool.

Although I love the Big wash as in the Magnificent Pictures RJ posted. that level of effect would be a little unreal.

though.

Dose the scale change with larger Planes ?

It is subtle on smaller planes/heli. and rarely froths.

Look forward to Testing the larger planes.

I'd have to agree with Bryce on this one. You really think you're going to get that much downwash on an RC helicopter? Think again.
-BladeCP02

Damn if they do, damn if they dont. the added downwash why are you guys comeplaining??? well hell they added water too

Last edited:
I noticed the comment in the rcgroups post.......saying it looks like the max number of polys has been increased for the models? Any truth behind this? Also any difference on texturing also?

Just wondering

WingDude said:
Damn if they do, damn if they dont. the added downwash why are you guys comeplaining??? well hell they added water too
:confused: No complaints here ... just trying to determine if this new toy is worth another $200 or so (depending on discounting strategy). In reviewing all the items in this thread, I don't spot the "complaint". Most of us are darned excited about "water" at along last, and are curious just how far the physicists have taken the fidelity in G4.

pilot07 said:
me want!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there a pre-order system :D

Yea, just go to Tower and order it. I already have. It's on back order till Oct but I'll wait! Might be one of the first people to get it? Woo hoo!!

Back