new to Realflight questions

FireDawg

Hi everyone. I have 3.5 and I got expansion pack 4. I got that because I own a GP 70" revovler, and the 59" revolver in EP4 is the closest thing I could get to my plane.

Im not too savvy with the program as far as making adjustments and modifying the planes. I have downloaded some of the planes off of the swap pages which is pretty cool.

anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Great Planes 55" Extra 300sp http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/greatplanes/gpma1022.html is available on any of the programs or expansion packs. Ive looked for it, but I have not be able to find it yet. That's another one of my planes that Id like to be able to practice with on the Sim.

my other questions is about upgrading to one of the newer RF programs. If i want to upgrade to say 5.5 or 6.5, Is it something that will "piggyback" onto my 3.5, or is it just a whole different program from 3.5 that will have to be downloaded and ran separately? For instance, to fly the models that are currently on my 3.5, will I have to keep that program, or will they be absorbed into the newer program?

Sorry for the newbie questions.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Last edited:
thanks for the link. hopefully it will work since i dont have the original airplane in my program. That's happened before. It either has to be something I have already but is modified, or a completely original plane.

I figured that it would be a separate program. That will use up more space on my computer. How much better would you say 5.5 or 6.5 is?

Also, if ive got 6.5, will the planes that can be used on 3.5 also work with 6.5, or can only planes made for that specific RF program be used?

Thanks for the help,
Jeremy

I know. You asked about getting a newer version of RF.

If you go to the page for the specific swap file (like the page I linked you), you'll see what the requirements are to run the file. You'll also see a yellow question mark that explains the import process when you click it. Don't use the green download arrow!! Even RF veterans go to the file's page before downloading. We don't like downloading files without reading descriptions. Ban the green download arrow!!!

I wouldn't put too much stock in the rating system. Most people think that all posted models deserve a 10. Some people like to rate low to try to upset people. If you see a model you may like, try it. It's free. If you don't like it, delete it. You've lost nothing but a couple of minutes.

I think the rating system may be the most important meter of a models quality.:rolleyes: Jeff is right try it and if you like it keep it. If not C'est la vie. There are plenty to choose from.

Yeah thats pretty much what ive done. Most were cool. Then i just deleted the ones that didnt fly well.

This is the coolest feature of realflight. I just happen to run across this swap page. Im stoked!

You don't have to delete the ones that don't fly well. Tweak the physics to your liking, which is, ahem, cooler.

Yeah I would, but I cant work the program very well, so I just let the guys who know what they are doing make the planes and Ill fly them.

By the way, I did find some really nice flying 3D extras. One was edited and made into a 44% with a DA 150. It's a sweet flying plane.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/9156

Oh, and how do we rate the planes? I see where it shows the ratings, but I cant figure out how to leave a rating.

Thanks,
Jeremy

You need to be a member for a certain period of time, I don't know if it's a week or a month, before you can rate.

It's generally 2 weeks
Its intended to stop spamers and "rating retaliation" or other such hijinks.....
its not working
all it really does is delay them 2 weeks:rolleyes::p:p

Last edited:
There are seriously guys who are on here who hate on each other and write bad reviews on other guy's airplanes because of competition? That's ridiculous. I thought this would be sharing because its a friendly thing.

Its not like they're competing for a career spot. Are they?

I just wanted to know how to post a review or a score to let others know that these were good planes. They hadn't been rated yet. They guy had done good work and I think other people would enjoy them.

Jeremy

The other ratings problem is people who post nothing but 10s. I guess it's a result of the "Everybody deserves a trophy just for trying" mentality.

I'm most confused at this point. Who are the people that always post 10s :confused:?
Jeff, Have you ever made a plane that you personally felt was a 10?:)

There have been people who have said that they only rate a file if they think it's a 10, because it'd be mean to rate less. That in itself is also a problem. That would cause files to have higher ratings than they should have.

Back