*newbie* Can u guys help me run this

TheOne

I have windows xp and i cant run real flight. every time i try has a whole bunch of errors. I even tried changing the compatability to 95 and all the other options and still it would not run. Can you guys help me please. Be really thorough so i understand. It would be great if there was a patch or something pls help

You want us to be thourough... But please be thourough too :)

What are your system specs??? Processor, videocard etc...

As a general rule... Make sure all your drivers are up to date, sound, video, motherboard etc.

Upgrade G2 to the latest version via the control panel. If you can't connect, then use this link to d-load an upgraded control panel that should allow you to d-load the latest patch...

http://www.gpsoftware.com/kb/q01-1050.htm

After that, if it still doesn't work, then come back here with more info...

Maxime Michaud

You should upgrade RF before you try to run RF.

So you probably should uninstall and then reinstall
before updating. When you uninstall, you should go
to Windows/common files/ and delete the KE directory
to be sure that you get a good install.

Now reinstall and if possible let RF use the default
directories.

Reboot and put the RF disk back in the drive,
When you are prompted by the menu pick update
and continue after you get to the update site.

After update is complete, try running RF and if
we're lucky it will run just fine.

If not post more info and let us know what the new
error messages are and we'll try to help.

I fly everything there is. I crash all that I have. (Sometimes) And I always pick up my trash.

My specs are: amd xp 1600
geforce2 gts
thats bout it...
umm It is the real flight classic version... and i dont see a bar that gives me the option to upgrade to g2 or anything like that.... thanks for the help so far...

THANK YOU very much. I got the patch and i am installing and trying right now... Thanks for taking the time to help me. Also i was wondering if there was like a plane patch where i could download a whole bunch of new planes in one big patch. Thanks anyway!!!

You will have to download the "free" planes one at a time.
Some of them will need one of the three "add-ons"
available from KE.

Each addon has about 10-12 planes and a few helicopters
and each disk costs $20 or so.

I fly everything there is. I crash all that I have. (Sometimes) And I always pick up my trash.

Hey thanks.... I have no money right now. And its not like i enjoy stealing its just really expensive software.... I was wondering if any of you knew where i could get the cd image (iso) of generation 2. The iso or the installation file. Anything please. I am sorry if i upset any of you by asking this..

It's bad form to come to a software site and ask
how or where to STEAL the software.

Why not wait till you have the money to purchase.
Watch for a deal on the software on ebay.

Back