Newbie question

skysnake22

The processor is probably fine, but the graphics processor is not powerful enough. your experience would be very frustrating with its integrated entry-level graphics processor.

These are screenshots from the specifications section that I found when I scrolled down a bit:
Screenshot_20220505-182459_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220505-182917_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on skysnake's intended use, I'm not sure it wouldn't be "good enough" for RF. RF's video requirements are pretty modest. RF8 is "usable" for me on a Dell 1st gen i5 on low graphics settings. I also have a Lenovo 4th gen i7 laptop with Intel HD graphics that gives me about 55fps on "high" settings and about 25 on "highest" settings. 25 is "flyable" 55 is "OK." My 4th gen workstation w/ GTX960 gives me about 220 on highest, and I don't think it's good enough to even think about VR. The Iris XE is supposed to be about twice as fast as the GPU in my Lenovo. That laptop MIGHT be "good enough" for now, but definitely won't be "great." It seems to be right on the cut-off point. But will the next version of RF need a better GPU? If it does, I'd have to say it probably isn't good enough.

Last edited:
Exactly what I needed to hear. You guys are awesome. Thank you! I’ll brief the wife on the additional expense. 😎
Hi Snake
I am in exactly the same position. Lifetime Mac user now looking for a laptop at reasonable price to run RF and controller on for pretty much only this use. Want to train with simulation prior to a trainer RC plane.

Which laptop did you get in the end? How is it working out with software and controller?

Thanks much!
Brollocks

Back