Newbie - Would like to create a plane

aguevara

Hello,
I have been using the software for a while and am now ready to try my hands at creating a plane as well as an airport.

I would like to start off a simple plane first that someone may have created and that I can simply modify.

Is there a tutorial I can pick up somewhere? I saw that some folks are using autodesk I think, it would be great if you can let me know if it comes with some sample plane (i.e. NEXSTAR) that I can then modify, put together and then import into RealFlight.

Also, I downloaded a "Denver-RC Eagles" airport today, it looks like someone took still photographs (360 degrees) and then created an airport. It would be great if someone can share with me the steps at creating one.

Thanks in advance!

Please advise,
Angelo
Orlando, Florida

I am also new to create plane.But i have some knowledge of how to create plane.you are referring to a ruby script or is there a 2D tools in the SketchUp.2D Tools is a set of Tools added to the Draw Menu by my Ruby scripts.It mimics most of the 3D tools constrained onto a selected 2D z-plane.There are also the separate Tools on Surface - which mimic many drawing tools onto 3D curved surfaces.

I don't want to discourage you but Sketch Up is not the program you want to be using if your making any thing 3D. While it make some nice looking stuff and I have even seen some great looking planes, Trains, and Automobiles. They are not true Solid Objects. There are a collection of flat little pieces hooked together to make a curve and shapes. People have sent me their models and I all ways have to send them back with a long E-mail explaining why they will not work. One of the Major thing is the Sketch Up files are Not Textured Map every one of the little pieces are just assigned a color. To try to map one you have to import it in to REAL 3D SOLID MODELING program and then deal with all the little pieces.

Back