No aircraft sounds in multiplayer

mark2251

Hi

When in multiplayer i have no aircraft sounds, I don't use a mic and have toggled voice chat on and off, and pressed the m key to mute/unmute and still doesn't work!
Got the setting for reducing sim sounds in multiplayer set to 1% as well?

Thanks
Mark

So you hear other sounds, just not aircraft? If you turn on the Variometer gadget, do you hear beeping at full volume? I expect the answer will be yes.

Got the setting for reducing sim sounds in multiplayer set to 1% as well
This is likely the problem. The way that setting works can be misconstrued. A value of 1% means that when certain simulation sounds are reduced in a multiplayer session, they will play at only 1% of their original volume (essentially inaudible).

That sound reduction is an optional feature. Its purpose is to significantly quiet the usual sounds of a bunch of people flying together in the same area, because it can be quite difficult to hear what other people are saying in voice chat otherwise. But if you don't want that, you can simply turn it off.

I found that the old main menu option for doing that is not currently present in Evolution's new menu system. So, until we can address that, to disable the volume reduction you have a couple choices:
  1. Set the MP volume level to 99%. You will never hear a difference between 99% and 100%.
  2. Enable the legacy menu, then set Multiplayer -> Simulation Sounds to "Normal".

Back