No update button in Launcher?

SCOTT SALA

I currently have version 8.00.019 installed with no problems. I have a question with the launcher for this version. There is no check for update button on the launcher. How do we select future updates to install?

(I moved this post into a separate thread.)

This change is part of the Launcher overhaul that happened in the 8.00.019 update. Now the Launcher will only show an update option on the main dialog when a new version is available. It will be very obvious; a button will appear where none otherwise exists, as shown in the attached images. (For illustration purposes I faked a .020 version just to get a screenshot.)

The old "Update to Specific Version" functionality has been moved to the Technical Support dialog. That is still available all the time in case you want to move back and forth between versions. Please note, however, that the nature of the Launcher overhaul means it is not possible to go back to 8.00.013. That version will not appear in the list of available versions. It is a special case; any subsequent versions will be available.

Attachments

• RF8 Launcher - standard.png
    RF8 Launcher - standard.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 14
  • RF8 Launcher - update available.png
    RF8 Launcher - update available.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 16
Back