Noob with Some Questions

loppydog

Hi guys. I just got RF9 and I thought I would post here with some questions. To start with here is my setup. I have a DX9 with the WS1000 dongle. My plane is a Timber X.

My first question is regarding the servo adjustment on the radio. I found that by default the range of all my sticks and switches were about 20-80%(eg left stick all the way down was about 20% throttle). After a little research I found people saying you need to set all your servo values to 150 instead of 100. That seemed to fix that issue, but I would rather have a way to leave them at 100, as to not mess up my setting for the plane.

The other issue I noticed is that the flap lift characteristics for this model seem way off to me. with full flaps the plane wants to nose down and I can barely keep from doing so with full up elevator. I know the mix is there to counteract the extra lift, but it seems as if there is no extra lift at all from the flaps. In SAFE mode it seems way better, but still not right.

Keep in mind I just set this up and am a complete noob, so I could absolutely be doing something wrong. I tried calibrating through the windows app and through the simulator. The windows one seemed to create issues, so I think default on that one is the way to go. Any other suggestions or tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Also, to add one more thing. I would prefer to disable the software mixing and allow my radio to take care of that. The problem is that I have a fairly large mix for elevator to flaps due to the plane ballooning so much. Because the physics of this plane's flaps do not seem to be true to the real thing, I am really fighting it during flight. I guess what I am wondering if there is a setting I should play with to adjust only the lift created by the flaps. With flaps up, everything seems pretty realistic.

Last edited:
I just have a set model just for RF, with all channels direct at 150. Software mixing is your friend, if you don't like how it's done, just use the model editor to adjust it.

For a while now I’ve been using RF9, and everything is working fine. However today when I tried editing a model, I was surprised to see that the list of engines and propellers is gone. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Back