North American P-51 build thread

Default blur disk is not an option, the front view of the default blur shows only a quarter size blur, whereas your custom prop disk blur is perfect.-
I do not use Blender, what do the orange and green symbols relate to. ? ...geometry and helper/dummy object.

Have you tried importing the P-51 with out the custom prop files, then import your custom prop files separately into RF, then add the custom prop to the model in the RF editor and then export the entire model, does that EA.RFX file import back into RF, or can you not even import the custom prop separately.

Default blur disk is not an option, the front view of the default blur shows only a quarter size blur, whereas your custom prop disk blur is perfect.-
I do not use Blender, what do the orange and green symbols relate to. ? ...geometry and helper/dummy object.

the orange is the object data, the green is the mesh data, and the red is texture. the green's name is not used by rf

Have you tried importing the P-51 with out the custom prop files, then import your custom prop files separately into RF, then add the custom prop to the model in the RF editor and then export the entire model, does that EA.RFX file import back into RF, or can you not even import the custom prop separately.

the Curtis prop on a different model a "stock" P-51. still crashes the importer. I can export the plane without the curtis prop and no issue. I can export any plane with the prop but without the propdisk no issue. but the curtis prop with the disk crashes any plane import.

I am wondering if the fbx to kex is adding a "Rootframe" object because it does not see a "FUSELAGE" and that is making the RFX importer freak out seeing that in the propdisk file

I HATE hospitals and getting a strong dislike for most doctors. There seems to be a building dislike and concern for people over 70, and genuine disregard for us oldies. Came home this morning and saw your progress post and thought I'd share some shots. LIKE that Prop!!!
Tomorrow, I get to see 2 more doctors, lucky me.....I guess. I notice no "N" map is enclosed with your 16 series, however it is looking more and more like a Mk1A, really nice. I wonder how asj5547 is coming along with his Spitfire projects????

Attachments

• ScreenShot1652801601.jpg
    ScreenShot1652801601.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShot1652801693.jpg
    ScreenShot1652801693.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 10
If I don't add a pilot in the cockpit. are people going to be upset. i am allowing the model to reuse existing CS's from the stock P-51 and there is not a location to paint it. also I am ready to do another project being a bit burnt out on this one. just a few little pieces here and there.

I have some interest in a scale Heli. (CH-53K, flettner 282 semi exposed radial, or UH-19 with a gas radial and a cowl that can open) and if other have enough interest I will do one. but there are (a lot of) other planes are still on my mind.

The p-51 video have been getting a lot of views on youtube and my channel has had a lot of growth from them

Back