Northop XB-35/YB-49 Build

Also, FWIW, my laptop has an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060, sitting on the tarmac I average 60FPS, flying around I get 45-55 FPS no matter if the ordinance is in the bays or on the ground, I am also flying at the HD Flight School, all settings maxed out, both in the sim and the Nvidia control panel. On stock aircraft I average 250-300 FPS.

And by no means is this a complaint, it runs smooth at 45FPS. Just giving my observations.

final beta for the XB-35 let me know if you find any issues. or if the FPS is too low. Constructive comments are welcome.

paint not final, name not final. physics semi final?

I’ve been having fun with this. A great build. I’ve been getting 70 - 80 frames a second with my RTX 3080. Had a bit too much fun and crashed, the wings broke off and the fuselage ended on it’s right side. Strangely, the left side landing gear was left floating in mid air above the fuselage and didn’t drop to the ground. Also staring the engines after the crash the wings with the motors keep still and the fuselage (and suspended landing gear) move forward which made me smile. I’m guessing this is a limitation of Realflight. But what a fantastic model, thanks for creating it for us all.

I’ve been having fun with this. A great build. I’ve been getting 70 - 80 frames a second with my RTX 3080. Had a bit too much fun and crashed, the wings broke off and the fuselage ended on it’s right side. Strangely, the left side landing gear was left floating in mid air above the fuselage and didn’t drop to the ground. Also staring the engines after the crash the wings with the motors keep still and the fuselage (and suspended landing gear) move forward which made me smile. I’m guessing this is a limitation of Realflight. But what a fantastic model, thanks for creating it for us all.

I parented the gear wrong oops. on both sides double oops. it is fixed and saved now I missed four objects' parents on a plane with 379 parts.

I have the motors parented, in the physics, to the fuselage not the wings to try and keep the flight model accurate and when the wing breaks off the fuselage moves but the motor don't move. The wing AOA twists all the children. In order to make the engine push at the correct angle and still look right against the spinner. It has to "not" be a child of the wing. also, early in the development I had a multi segment wing more weight/strength center and forward and less at the rear/tips for cg purposes and more break apart places. and the washout would be an odd factor in down thrust required.

tl;dr; on the motors it is a holdover from the early plane development and short cut to make the physics accurate until it crashes.

on my pc the XB-35 is CPU limited with the physics calculations (the 64 bombs want a lot of resources for calculations) Nvidia 970, intel 4790, and 1920x1200 59 Hz.

When can we expect to see the CH-53E Super Stallion in RF, we definitely need more helicopters and the CH-53E is a great choice, a heavy equipment mover, or lots of armament for the attack support model.

Back