Now that the DirectX 11 update is released...

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
First off, I've said it before and I'll happily say it again: Thank you to all of you who were so incredibly helpful in testing the public beta, detecting bugs, reporting them, and often going deeper to help isolate the cause or narrow down the very specific circumstances in which they occurred. We are very pleased with how this process has gone.

The DirectX 11 update which was in beta is released to the whole world. What now?

We'd like to keep this kind of beta program running. We're not done improving our DirectX 11 implementation, but there will be other kinds of changes as well, and we would love to keep running them past a smaller group of interested, knowledgeable, motivated users before full public release.

To that end, we may rename this beta forum and expand it to general beta use. We also may close it down (while leaving it viewable) and start a new one. We simply haven't focused on these questions yet, and it's fine as is for the time being.

What about Steam branches? Our suggestion right now is that you continue operating out of the "publicbeta_directx11" branch on Steam. At present, the exact same software is in both that beta branch and the default branch, so it doesn't matter to which one you are connected. As I mentioned, we are interested in continuing this basic beta process for future updates. That will probably mean creating a new branch with a more appropriate name whenever that time comes, but we may release further changes in publicbeta_directx11 before it's done.

Please do note that when the update went public in the form of version 10.10.074, RealFlight went back to using the "<Documents>\RealFlight Evolution" directory instead of "...\RealFlight Evolution DX11 Beta". That has nothing to do with which Steam branch you're in; it is entirely dependent on the software. There may be things you want to copy over from one location to the other after living in the latter for a while.

So I have been using the Beta but not in a few weeks. Now all my custom vehicles are missing and just copying the folders under vehicles from beta to non beta doesn't seem to work. Is there something else to do?

So I have been using the Beta but not in a few weeks. Now all my custom vehicles are missing and just copying the folders under vehicles from beta to non beta doesn't seem to work. Is there something else to do?
you need to edit all the .bse files and .colorscheme files you copied over so all occurances "\RealFlight Evolution DX11 Beta\" become "\RealFlight Evolution\"

Back