NX6 not recognised as controller

Jim Massey

I am not able to get my Spektrum NX6 to be recognised on any of our computers for RealFlight (latest version, downloaded today). That includes a new Dell all in one desktop (13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1335U 1.30 GHz - Windows 11 Home version 23H2). I used to run RealFlight on an older Dell all in one desktop with the same transmitter & model setup. This model is on "Simulator Mode - RF Off." At the moment I've got 3.12 firmware in the transmitter, but I've also tried the more recent versions. I'm running a USB cable direct from the back of the transmitter to a USB port on the computer, as I did previously. I saw a recommendation to use a USB hub, and I've tried that as well, to no avail. Can you help?

Can you tell us more about why you're thinking it's not being recognized? What's happening/not happening?

You can see if Windows is recognizing the NX6 by running "joy.cpl"; that program lists all game controllers that are connected to the system. You should see "Spektrum Radio" listed if the NX6 is working. You can then select "Spektrum Radio" and click the "Properties" button to view the "Test" tab, where you can see things happen if you move sticks/switches. There are pictures in this post about the bug in version 3.13, which has been fixed. That bug was not present in 3.12 or any earlier versions, and there is now a version 3.13B that fixes the bug in 3.13.

Back