NX8 setup for Heli in RealFlight Evolution

oefranz

Do I have to setup a sperate controller in RF Evo for Helis or use the same used for the planes? I use the the NX8 with the WS2000 dongle. a;so where do I find my profile file so I can delete old controllers set up in RF? ir was so much easier in RF 9.5/9.5s to do this task.

The way you change your Controller Profile in Evo is identical to the way you did it in RF 9.5.

The Controller Profiles are stored in Documents\RealFlight Evolution\Radio Profiles. If you make any changes in that folder, make sure RealFlight is not running at the time. You could also copy your 9.5 profiles over to Evo. The 9.5 profiles are in Documents\RealFlight 9\Radio Profiles, and you can just copy those files over to the Evolution folder and they'll work in Evo.

You may find it necessary to set up a separate controller profile in Evo for helis if you don't have enough channels to do everything you want on both planes and helis from your NX8. For example, helis require a Throttle Hold switch; no helis in RF will throttle up unless the Throttle Hold is off. Some of the helis have a built-in pitch curve and don't require a pitch channel, but others may support setting up a pitch curve on your NX. Airplanes have flaps and retractable landing gear, and then many HH-branded models have multiple flight modes (AS3X/SAFE) that you may also want to change from your radio.

I've got some writeups you might find helpful about how to set up the NX directly via USB or with a WS2000 here. Between those two documents, you might find something that will help you decide if you want to set up the controller profile one way or another.

The way you change your Controller Profile in Evo is identical to the way you did it in RF 9.5.

The Controller Profiles are stored in Documents\RealFlight Evolution\Radio Profiles. If you make any changes in that folder, make sure RealFlight is not running at the time. You could also copy your 9.5 profiles over to Evo. The 9.5 profiles are in Documents\RealFlight 9\Radio Profiles, and you can just copy those files over to the Evolution folder and they'll work in Evo.

You may find it necessary to set up a separate controller profile in Evo for helis if you don't have enough channels to do everything you want on both planes and helis from your NX8. For example, helis require a Throttle Hold switch; no helis in RF will throttle up unless the Throttle Hold is off. Some of the helis have a built-in pitch curve and don't require a pitch channel, but others may support setting up a pitch curve on your NX. Airplanes have flaps and retractable landing gear, and then many HH-branded models have multiple flight modes (AS3X/SAFE) that you may also want to change from your radio.

I've got some writeups you might find helpful about how to set up the NX directly via USB or with a WS2000 here. Between those two documents, you might find something that will help you decide if you want to set up the controller profile one way or another.
Thank you!

Back