oculusVRResolutionScale

sc204

Does the comand oculusVRResolutionScale still work with non oculus headsets?
I am using the DX11 Beta on a high spec computer with the Pimax Crystal headset. I am trying to maximize the resolution but the above command doesn't seem to have any effect. No question the best I have seen Real Flight in VR even running at a steady 120 FPS but trying options to improve the distant resolution to fly pattern sequences. (It works just looking to see if It can be better)
Thanks,
Stuart

Pretty sure that command only works with Oculus/Meta VR headsets like it does with RF9.5s. For other headsets you probably need to adjust your SteamVR % visuals. With my VP1 and RF9.5s (still haven't made the jump to Evolution yet) I've found it best to set SteamVR visuals manually (not auto) to 100% and then adjust these on a per app basis. Also, only use 3D fields in VR for the best results imho.

Does the comand oculusVRResolutionScale still work with non oculus headsets?
I am using the DX11 Beta on a high spec computer with the Pimax Crystal headset. I am trying to maximize the resolution but the above command doesn't seem to have any effect. No question the best I have seen Real Flight in VR even running at a steady 120 FPS but trying options to improve the distant resolution to fly pattern sequences. (It works just looking to see if It can be better)
Thanks,
Stuart
Like previous RF VR versions since RF8 you are best to startup RF in SteamVR mode, not Oculus mode. This will produce much better colors/contrast imho. If you have a good VR-ready PC you shouldn't notice any loss in performance.

The oculusVRResolutionScale console command is only expected to work with Oculus devices.

With that said, while we've tested VR in DX11, I don't know if we've tested that command! Has anyone else tried it? Did it work?

Back