Older Interlink Elite Controller won’t work glider flaps on 9.5

What specific glider? How is it configured? Which channels are used? Typically, flaps are on the CH6 knob, but they might be on CH9 or CH10 - which the Elite doesn't have.
THe description in the select aircraft menu might tell you.

Bill it was the Spirit 100 glider among others. I wonder if there is a way to work the flaps using keys or maybe a controller mod.

I played with the RF-97 in RF8's aircraft editor and was able to move the flaps to the CH6 knob (the CH6 knob did nothing before the edit) from the CH9 or CH10 slider - I forget which. One of them controlled only the flaps, and the other also used the ailerons to control the entire wing's camber. And the throttle stick controls crow. I didn't bother saving it because I usually use my InterLink-X controller instead of the Elite. If there are KB commands to control CH9/10, I don't know them.

Last edited:
The spirit 100 gliders flaps are bound to the throttle. Idle is full flaps and full throttle is no flaps

Interesting. I hadn't tried that aircraft. But I noticed that it also applies crow, raising both ailerons in addition to larger flap throw below about 25% throttle. The upper 75% or so on the throttle stick only controlls the flaps. I'll have to look at it in the editor & try to figure out how they did that.

I haven't really done anything with gliders in RF. But back in the dark ages (1976-77) I did some slope flying at Torrey Pines while I was in the Navy. You could just about throw a brick off the cliff there & fly it. I had a C/L Goldberg Shoestring Stunter that I modified for my 4-channel Orbit single stick radio. No engine, just a heavy nose weight. It flew great! But I don't think they allow R/C flying there anymore. And there used to be a full-size glider port there. They did winch tows & could stay up pretty much all day in the slope lift.

I also had a Windward glider that I flew there... like this one:
I think I still have the wing from it down in the basement... but I can't imagine why. The fuselage didn't survive.

P.S. Then I'd climb down the cliff to visit Black's Beach. It was GREAT scenery for a 28 y/o single sailor. If you don't know, it's a nude beach - or at least it was then. That might not be allowed anymore, either.

Last edited:
Back