One Model For All

abaser

So, I have an idea. I am always looking for a way to better myself in the 3D world. I watch videos on techniques, and try to study the tools a little to make the task a bit easier. However, there’s little info on what we do here. So, I’d like to do a little something, and I’d like as many active modelers as possible to participate. Let’s all build the same model, and compare/discuss techniques on how something was done. For example, do you create the footprint of the wing on the fuselage and extrude out, use a cylinder and just bust it through the side of the fuselage, or maybe you’re a more technical modeler and use splines to create the airfoil and loft that to form the wing?

If there’s enough interest, we can discuss the model to create. Once that’s decided on, I’ll look for as many good reference images as possible and post them so everyone has the same info. Then let the fun begin. No timeline, no need to upload to the swaps if you don’t want to, but I would like wireframe shots to be posted so we can see your work. Also no need to stop your current builds. If you’re like me you’ll need a break from the same old thing every time and this would be a good alternative for a no stress model.

I know some use max, and others use blender, but that really doesn’t matter. I’ve used both and both do practically the same things, just might use different terms. That being said, anyone interested?

I was half asleep when I worte the previous post.

I would be happy to participate. depending on the plane I might not post it to the swap or add some extras to make it "different" for the posting
Would you be interested in doing one with retracts? Reason I’m asking is I’ve never worked with nups and those I learned from never wanted to go into it. I’d like to learn how all that works.

I would like to participate as well. I am still very new to making planes for RF, but would love to learn from you guys.

Back