Orion G801

I think I got all the naming done. Now for the texturing.

Attachments

• Orion update.jpg
    Orion update.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 13
Here's what I did on the F8F-2. Then fly a night field and they should light up.

Attachments

• NavLight.jpg
    NavLight.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for the tip.

If you are flying at night in cockpit view, can you have lighting ?

I've never tried it but you could use the same thing to create small bulbs in the cockpit. I don't know if they'd be a pin point light or have a decent glow

Texture mapping is done. Now to import it to MAX for smoothing groups and parenting.

Attachments

• texture update.jpg
    texture update.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 10
Would anyone want to try this out, and see if they can get it to fly more stable ?

It's a pretty big plane. 15ft wingspan.

Attachments

• test_EA.RFX
    880.8 KB · Views: 9
Would anyone want to try this out, and see if they can get it to fly more stable ?

It's a pretty big plane. 15ft wingspan.

Give this a try and see what you think. It's not perfect but a lot better. I went with a non-turbine engine but you can change that back. If you stick with a gas engine I'm sure there is a better sound.

Attachments

• Orion G302_AV.RFX
    42.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Yes, it is a lot better. Please tell me you did more, than just move the cg and change the motor.

Thanks, very much by the way.

Yes, it is a lot better. Please tell me you did more, than just move the cg and change the motor.

Thanks, very much by the way.

Yes I also added some down pitch to the engine, changed the prop type, etc.

Here it is with a better engine sound and the nose wheel fixed to steer.

Attachments

• Orion G302_AV.RFX
    42.9 KB · Views: 8
Could you look at the nose door timing. They open after the nose gear deploys now.

I'll see if I can do something. Bedtime in a bit for my early am shift. It's going to be a nice plane btw.

Maybe technoid or Doug can take a look too. I'm not as up to par on gear timing.

Last edited:
Back