P-51 Mustang Mk1a EP

I went back and darkened the shade of yellow it was a bit too bright for the planes color. Now it looks more like the pictures I have.
I just have to do this... also, I like it.

before:
index.php

after:
index.php

Last edited:
I worked on the cannons today but wasn't happy with them so I went back and reworked them to look like the cannons in the second picture of the first post. Here's a couple of renders for you.

View attachment 127604View attachment 127605
The Early Mustangs had several different gun placements. They even had a version that fired through the propellor arc just as WW1 aircraft did. There was also a version that was meant as a Dive bomber (A-36) That had Dive Brakes on the upper and lower surfaces of the wings. Lots of options.

The Early Mustangs had several different gun placements. They even had a version that fired through the propellor arc just as WW1 aircraft did. There was also a version that was meant as a Dive bomber (A-36) That had Dive Brakes on the upper and lower surfaces of the wings. Lots of options.

yes

2x 50 cal in the nose + 4x 30 cal in the wings British Mustang MK1 (NA-73 and NA-83)
4x 50 cal in the wings P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51H, P-51M XP-51F, XP-51G and XP-51J
4x 20mm in the wings P-51 (NA-91, British Mustang MK1a)
6x 50 cal in wings P-51D P-51K

Yeah I saw that when I was researching but just picked a specific version to model.

You can go into the aircraft editor and add Machine Guns to the model, then position the origin at the tip of the cannon. You can also select the type of MG. I put 12 guns on a B-25, It was AWESOME ! ! ! ! I also changed the engine sound profile to the R-2800.
I don't normally put guns in my fun fly versions because I'm all about flying but since you requested it I just added the cannons to the physics. I also gave you lots of ammo so you can fire them all you want. The real plane had about 125 - 180 rounds per cannon (I've seen different numbers) so you run out firing them in the sim fairly fast. But if you guys want me to limit the ammo load to a realistic value let me know and I'll reduce it. Right now I left it at the default which is 1,000 rounds.

If you want to try something out for me open the Mk1a in the RF Editor and change both of the wing cannons Firing Rate from 8.5 to 10 and let me know what you think. That's a more realistic firing rate for them and I think I'm going to change that in the release physics.

Back