Panning/Tilting camera issues

OK, how do I get to "notepad", I`ve heard of it tons of times, I told you I`m a complete computer ignoramous....:(:(

press the windows key or start icon. (usually) bottom left of the screen). and type notepad it should pop up with a few characters.

2022-05-05 18_58_25-Settings.jpg

or

in documents/Realflight 9/ locate Realflight.ini right click on it and select open with notepad
2022-05-05 18_56_27-Window.jpg

OK... this is what got. I overlaid my page on your page for comparison (my page on the right, obviously), there`s also more to my page if I scroll down, SO, I`m not sure if this is the part of the page that you need.

Attachments

• NOTEPAD.PNG
    NOTEPAD.PNG
    69.4 KB · Views: 10
OK... this is what got. I overlaid my page on your page for comparison (my page on the right, obviously), there`s also more to my page if I scroll down, SO, I`m not sure if this is the part of the page that you need.
I looked at the number for my interlink dx. I think I know what lines I need. Can you copy the lines for center min and max for the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 the rest of the lines should be. Similar as they are on off switches and not proportional.

OK, these two pics should complete the list (I think) from top to bottom.

Attachments

• NOTEPAD 2.PNG
    NOTEPAD 2.PNG
    80.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    59.2 KB · Views: 10
I think I may see an issue. channel 6 and 5 which i think are the sliders; dont look like they are calibrated.

I would try the realflight calibration one more time. Dont touch window calibration. Make sure to cycle the gimbals, knob, and both sliders might as well flip the switches and panic button for good measure.

looking back at this post
The only time I calibrate the controller is when it automatically pops up on the screen asking me to do so, which did happen about three weeks ago, and everything was centered on the graph that`s on the screen. Oddly, I just tried it again, and everything was centered at 50 +/- 1 pt. and when I clicked on "finish", it said that "I had only calibrated 5 of the 7, do you still want to finish", SO, I click the "NO" box", and checked again, all looked good, so this time ,I just finished.
extra calibration never hurts.

50 +/- 1 pt is normal for the dx or heavily used interlink elite/X.

make sure you dont get only calibrated 5 of the 7

press 2 on the keyboard while flying to pull up the radio the sliders are visible at the top of the interlink when they are not centered they are a bright red and a dull red

Attachments

• 2022-05-05 19_32_07-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg
    2022-05-05 19_32_07-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 4
SO, when I open up the RF calibration and click on calibrate, I get the pic. of the TX, already, the right gimbal is either full rt. OR jumping back and forth, no stopping it, when I try, it`s either full rt. or full lft. "sometimes' I can hold the gimbal and get it sort of close to center..UGH, and click on next anyway, needles to say, the graph bar for the ailerons is twitching all over, the right slider graph goes from full rt. to full lft. with just a hair of movement in either direction from center. ALSO, I have gotten "calibrated only 5 of the 7", So, I go back and check everything, and as far as I could tell all was good, I don`t know what more I could have done, so , I click finish anyway. There just doesn`t seem that there`s anything I can do with ...????...I`ve calibrated it several times in the past, and all went great. I can`t imagine why it`s doing this... :unsure: :unsure:

So if the calibration is *ubar-ed it may take multiple passes to fully reset it.

What I would do

Run the calibration not worry about the center and just make sure rf recognizes the end point on the sliders gimbals and the knob. Make sure to fully cycle all of them multiple times. And make sure it does not say 5 of 7.

Rerun the calibration to set the center points. And make sure to cycle all the controls again.

Check the radio gadget and or editor to confirm that the channels are reading the full range of motion and output there full range of values.

Repeat if necessary if one of the input is bad.

In the past I had to calibrate my interlink elite manually in the ini file. I can send some estimate of the values that might help start the process of calibration.

When I calibrate my DX controller the sliders center to 50 percent and they move smoothly left and right, but I do not like the center detent feel, it takes a quite a bit of pressure to move the slider from center position.

When I calibrate my DX controller the sliders center to 50 percent and they move smoothly left and right, but I do not like the center detent feel, it takes a quite a bit of pressure to move the slider from center position.
I so much as breath on my rt. slider and it`s either full lft or rt.

So if the calibration is *ubar-ed it may take multiple passes to fully reset it.

What I would do

Run the calibration not worry about the center and just make sure rf recognizes the end point on the sliders gimbals and the knob. Make sure to fully cycle all of them multiple times. And make sure it does not say 5 of 7.

Rerun the calibration to set the center points. And make sure to cycle all the controls again.

Check the radio gadget and or editor to confirm that the channels are reading the full range of motion and output there full range of values.

Repeat if necessary if one of the input is bad.

In the past I had to calibrate my interlink elite manually in the ini file. I can send some estimate of the values that might help start the process of calibration.
I`ve tried about 5 times today and still no luck, the way it sits now, with the radio gadget on the screen, the rt. stick is jumping all over the place and I still cant get the rt. slider to sit anywhere near center, if I move the slider to try and center it, I either get a full blue bar on the graph or none at all with just a hair of movement on the slider while trying to calibrate. I never had this kind of trouble with my previous InterLink..ARGH..!!

@uncle twist This feels like a stupid question. But did you finish the calibration on any of those five attempts?
if yes the controller may be bad or we may need to reset defaults or wipe the ini,
if no why?

@Ryan Douglas Am I correct in the channel order on the dx is aileron (0), elevator(1), throttle(2), rudder(3), knob(4), slider(5), slider(6), then the trims switches and buttons (7-33) on the INI file. I just want to confirm this before I ask uncle twist to change the centered values for those channels.

@uncle twist

@uncle twist This feels like a stupid question. But did you finish the calibration on any of those five attempts?
if yes the controller may be bad or we may need to reset defaults or wipe the ini,
if no why?

@Ryan Douglas Am I correct in the channel order on the dx is aileron (0), elevator(1), throttle(2), rudder(3), knob(4), slider(5), slider(6), then the trims switches and buttons (7-33) on the INI file. I just want to confirm this before I ask uncle twist to change the centered values for those channels.

@uncle twist
Yes, it won`t let me finish, UNLESS, the "finish" box/window is highlighted in blue, it`s grayed out otherwise. Mind you some/most of the graph bars were really hard to center because of all the jittering going on, the right slider is impossible to center, all of the controls on the TX are very sensitive to any movement on the graph bar, and while trying to calibrate the gimbals are jumping all over even with my thumbs of the gimbals, BUT, I got them as close as I could to center and clicked on "finish" knowing that it probably wasn`t going to work I can`t even center the gimbals in the first step, they just go wherever thy want when I take my thumbs off..?????? .... On a side note, (referring back to post #22), you asked me to rt. click on "RealFlight.ini".... If you look at the pic. below, you`ll see that ...that wasn`t on the list, like it is on your list in post #22, SO, I just right clicked on "RealFlight" in order to get too the "ini" file, not sure if that makes any difference, just wanted to let you know.

Attachments

• DOCS..PNG
    DOCS..PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
when the calibration is Super bad, which is what yours sounds like, try and get it to recognize the end points of the travel in the calibration dont worry about centering everything on the first round let the sliders in the detents and let the springs center the gimbals.

when you click the next is when the center points are set.

the finish button is when the end points are set so make sure to cycle the gimbals and sliders to the extremes before you click finish

and yes @uncle twist that is the ini file. the file extensions are not shown by default on windows

when the calibration is Super bad, which is what yours sounds like, try and get it to recognize the end points of the travel in the calibration dont worry about centering everything on the first round let the sliders in the detents and let the springs center the gimbals.

when you click the next is when the center points are set.

the finish button is when the end points are set so make sure to cycle the gimbals and sliders to the extremes before you click finish

and yes @uncle twist that is the ini file. the file extensions are not shown by default on windows
I`ll try this tomorrow (Sat.) and give you an update, I`m burnt out for tonight...Thank you for all of your help... :) :)

Ryan, I see your in the neighborhood and was wondering if you`ve had a chance to look at the panning/tilting/camera shaking problem I brought up, everyone else, I did get the TX calibrated again except for the left slider, it WILL NOT center at all, it either goes to full left or rt.... :unsure: :unsure:

Ryan, I see your in the neighborhood and was wondering if you`ve had a chance to look at the panning/tilting/camera shaking problem I brought up, everyone else, I did get the TX calibrated again except for the left slider, it WILL NOT center at all, it either goes to full left or rt.... :unsure: :unsure:
try setting center5: and center6 to 1500 instead of 2000 and 1000 respectively then re calibrating.

In general if the centered number is between the between the min and max. min < centered < max. it might make them stable enough to calibrate.

Back