Pattern practice grid

BigShot

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could advise me how to, or make a practice grid for pattern to simulate the box in pattern comps. It would need to be added to an existing field or loaded as an overlay. I have seen one in AFPD, and it helps immensely with spatial location when practicing pattern.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Bigshot.

I wish someone would have answered this. I am wondering the same thing. The SkyGrid is setup more for flying circles and not square IMAC type sequences.

BigShot said:
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could advise me how to, or make a practice grid for pattern to simulate the box in pattern comps. It would need to be added to an existing field or loaded as an overlay. I have seen one in AFPD, and it helps immensely with spatial location when practicing pattern.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Bigshot.

Hey! A pattern guy! Big..haven't seen to many posts or replys about doing any F1 / F3A pattern manouvers.
Think there's a lot of 3D'ers on here, not so much towards the pattern end of things. I'd be interested in seeing this myself though! :rolleyes:

F3A Pattern Grid

Love to see a practice grid for RF. Attached is a good jpg of what the "Box" looks like. I love how the Spark Evo flys... just need some lines above the the horizon for reference when flying.

Getting the reference box out at 150 meters would be ideal, the one that may be a problem is at 150 Meters out, hopefully the airplane in autozoom mode is not too small..

Hope your still around and enjoy the challenge.....

..Lynn..

Attachments

• flightbox.jpg
    flightbox.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back