PC Power

RonO

Right now I'm running a Compaq 450 PII w/ a TNT 16 meg video card. My system seems to run G2 very well. Just wanted to let those who maybe thinking that their PC may not work what some of us are using successfully.

RonO

Vigor w/shaftdrive

I just wanted to add that with(RealFlight Deluxe).
I have a pentium II 266 Mhz with a Banshee agp 16 mb 3d card, a 7200 spin 10 gb hard drive, 96 mb's of ram. Anyway, when running RFD in 800x600x16 resolution as long as I don't add music or other aircraft or smoke etc. that when I fly any rc Helicopter that I DON'T have any problems with the heli freezing for a millisecond while in flight. When flying planes and using the same resolution setting, I can pretty much turn on a whole bunch of planes and the music and still have pretty good frame rate with just VERY minor millisecond frame freezes now and then. Without music and including a couple planes, It runs really nice. I think for me, installing the 7200 spin hard drive from a 5400 spin hard drive is what made the difference. Just thought I add that information.
Also, I just noticed today that G2 has arrived at
tower hobbies and they will be shipping it to me
shortly. I don't expect to be able to use all the
new things they have with G2 because my computer is not up to par but I'm still pretty sure that I will still be happy with it once it arrives.
Adlai

With my pentium II 266, and now with a newer 32mb agp 3d card and a new 19" monitor. G2 works on my computer. Can't use all the features, but with the features I can use. It's Terrific! Very, very Realistic.
PS; Didn't need the 19" monitor to get the G2 to work, but it sure helps in the eye candy department. :rolleyes:

Adlai

Back