Performance Issue with Beta

spyderrider

I've tried the Beta twice now. Both times, I rolled back because the frame rate is no good. Very noticeable.

My system specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5600G 6 Core, 12 Logical Processors
4.2 GHZ clock
32GB DDR4 RAM, clock frequency 1066.44 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, 8GB GDDR6X RAM, core clock 1830 MHz

What frame rates are you getting?
What settings do you have listed in the Simulation/Settings/Graphics/Quality (see attached Picture).
Have you tried Photofield airports, such as, Eli Field, Ama flying site 3, Evergreen airport?
Frame rates will be lower at 3D fields, Castle, Flight School, Joes Garage, Etc.FPS.jpg

I've tried the Beta twice now. Both times, I rolled back because the frame rate is no good. Very noticeable.

If remember well, you can display the frame rate by enabling an ad hoc gadjet provided with RF. Then screen shot what you get and switch back to the non beta version, which is super easy. Finally, screen shot again the same for comparison purpose (same airport and aircraft state, etc. of course). -Please post here the two pictures we can read the frame rates so the project team has more info on your finding. Your help is much appreciated!

Last edited:

My system specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5600G 6 Core, 12 Logical Processors
4.2 GHZ clock
32GB DDR4 RAM, clock frequency 1066.44 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, 8GB GDDR6X RAM, core clock 1830 MHz
What do you consider no good? You don't give us your framerate to go by or do you give us the resolution, or tell us the conditions of what you are doing in the simulator.

I re-installed the beta and it's doing better. I use a utility to check framerate, and it's showing 160 FPS average at 2556 x 1388 resolution. Every now and then it will give a little stumble, but better than before.
When out of beta, does anyone know if it will support the screen resolutions it did before? My native resolution is 2560 x 1440. The beta leaves the task bar and title bar showing, basically like windowed full screen mode.

Apparently beta doesn't support resolution changes (yet) or full screen. I'm running 4K in Win, which is too much for DX9, even though the option is available. I find specing DX9 RF to 1440 (like yours) is about as high as it can be pushed. Then I get up to 340fps with some situations (Nvidia 4070ti). But mostly in the 140-180 range. I have a hunch beta is running at 1024 (or maybe even only 600), and we're seeing issues with scaling/sampling at higher Win resolutions.

See my other thread - most of my issues seem to be with Beta not doing so well with foliage amount settings. With it at default 5%, it is useable, although not the insane fps I could hit in DX9. Going up in foliage really, really hammers the frame rate. It all may get better if/when we can start picking resolutions and windowed/full screen again....

DX11 beta is hammering my frame rate. DX9 capped at 100fps no problem, dx11 same graphics settings and same plane and airport frame rate goes down to 34 fps in the 3d fields. No problem with the photo fields that I could tell.

Yes I have foliage and all other graphics set to max , which works fine in the dx9 mode.
Hopefully they can sort the frame loss with dx11 upgrade.

System
I5 - 9600kf
32gb ram
NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti
screen resolution 3440 x 1440

Just a note I reduce the foliage density to 5% and the frame rates are now equivalent in 3d fields as was mentioned elsewhere in this forum.
:cool:

Attachments

• realflightDX9.jpg
    realflightDX9.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 5
  • realflightDX11.jpg
    realflightDX11.jpg
    885.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks for reporting this with details! We got already a case discussing also Foliage Density. Understand you saw it.

Last edited:
Back