phoenix2010 issues

phoenix2010

G5 installtion issues

Hi everybody, plz help me out here

Today i purchased the Real Flight G5 simulator from Hobby Centre in Qatar, as i am an enthusiast of RC airplanes and my intention was to get some premium training from G5. But the DVD fails to install in my system even though i tried most of the common tricks like turning off the Firewalls and Anti Virus. It gives a message that the installer has stopped working. Below is my desktop configuration:

* Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3 GHz
* 4 GB ram
* Two Hard disks - 150 GB and 500 GB
* Graphics - Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT with 1 GB DDR 2 Video memory
* Sound - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

all working on Windows Vista Business. Does G5 have any known compatibility issues with Vista Business? I tried installing all the latest packs of Visual C++ redistributable and my drivers are also up to date. Please help me out here.

G5 installation issues

phoenix2010 said:
Hi everybody, plz help me out here

Today i purchased the Real Flight G5 simulator from Hobby Centre in Qatar, as i am an enthusiast of RC airplanes and my intention was to get some premium training from G5. But the DVD fails to install in my system even though i tried most of the common tricks like turning off the Firewalls and Anti Virus. It gives a message that the installer has stopped working. Below is my desktop configuration:

* Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3 GHz
* 4 GB ram
* Two Hard disks - 150 GB and 500 GB
* Graphics - Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT with 1 GB DDR 2 Video memory
* Sound - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

all working on Windows Vista Business. Does G5 have any known compatibility issues with Vista Business? I tried installing all the latest packs of Visual C++ redistributable and my drivers are also up to date. Please help me out here.

Can somebody plz help me or guide me...direct x is version 11 and i have done all recommendations by Swanley... nothing seems to work. i suspect it is Vista business that is the problem...any help would be appreciated.....

Heard you the first time. Today is Sunday. Give it some time for an answer. If someone has your answer, they'll post it.

Try turning OFF the UAC in Vista, reboot then log in as a local administrator, then perform the installation.

If that fails, then create a new folder on your hard drive ( you will delete it later ).

Copy the ENTIRE DVD to that folder, and let us know if the copy process succeeds. If you got this far, I'll bet it will not.

It is also possible that your MSI installer in Vista has become corrupt.

You should google "Vista MSI installer fix" and "Windows installer cleanup utility" for more information on how to fix this.

G5 DOES install properly in Vista Business.

Last edited:
Let me try them out

Thanks for the response guys...Well i did try the DEP solution but to no avail....Today the Real Flight help desk gave me the suggestion to try the install in Safe Mode and yes the install worked, and also the registration worked...but when i revert back to normal mode..the launcher crashes..Well now i guess i shall try the copy method...Anyhow thanks for the suggestions guys..

What you call a copy method is a test only to see if your disc drive can read the installation disc.

G5 Installation crash on Vista business

Got you...Well its the same story...the Disc copies but installer crashes again when i try from the copy on my hard disk...looks as if i have to install XP now...Thanks Jeffpn for suggestions

If you can successfully copy the content, then obviously the disc is okay. You must have a DEP, admin rights, or 3rd party software preventing your installation. I remember a long time ago people discussed a program that prevented RF from runnning, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Some antivirus programs are rather aggressive, and have been known to interfere.

I was just happy I thought of that program. I don't know if he's using Bitdefender. But dollars to donuts it's that or a program like that that is causing him troubles.

Last edited:
Jeffpn and Opjose...Thank you both for following up and helpin me....I am using AVG antivirus along with comodo firewall..If you guys can help me diagnose the system, i can send over the dxdiag info which has a complete profile of the hardware and any other clashes...well there are none...as far as i can see..but i am no tech guru :D
The fact that the sim at least installed in safe mode probably confirms that it is some third party software that is guilty...could be either AVG or Comodo...but i did try to launch with both programs shut down but still the app crashes..Guess i am one of those unlucky dudes...but whatever happens...even if i have to spend a couple of days updating the system to my personal settings again, i am going to install XP and FLYYYYY..... :mad:

Sim crash Issue SOLVED

Jeffpn and Opjose....finally i made it...As per instructions from Realflight i uninstalled Comodo firewall and AVG antivirus and the sim started working...I am so happy that i cant wipe the smile off my face...Thanks dudes for your help..now the next job is to find a compatible firewall and antivir...happy flying....Oh and i have thoroughly destroyed the piper cup a couple of times already.. :D

exception list comodo

jeffpn said:
Is there an exceptions list in the offending program?

Of course...there is a provision for exception ,list..but never tried it out..The answer might b there....

matt3D said:
Hey phoenix2010, try avast anti virus, it works great and its free. You just have to register it which is a simple process. avast
yeh i was reccomended to try avast as well fom my local pc store, i had norton and everything was so ssssssllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwww, they said norton does that to a lot of people, got rid of that did the free avast and noticed a difference in performace right away, and my pc is old outdated crap, so id reccomend that one too

Back