Physics for true-to-life performace; a Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade Scraper said:
i'm confused tho,i'm not sure how you line up/shape the fuse. :confused: :eek:
The shape of the fuselage in the wire-frame actually comes from the 3D model, but the dimensions are the standard 3.9x49x3.9 that RF uses for all new fuselage sections. The wire-frame of a fuselage section will assume the shape of whatever 3D component is assigned to it. In the case of the fuselage this is the rootframe. To line it up, you just have to move its origin and size it to match the 3D image (just like any other component that you add in the editor).

Attachments

• Image49.jpg
    Image49.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
OK, I think that pretty much wraps things up. This has been a compilation of RC tidbits I've collected over many years. I don't claim to know everything, in fact I am always adding to my data collection. Whenever I come across a new idea or suggestion, I write it down. So you've just been treated to what I could dredge out of the data barrow.

Many of the flight test interpretations are heavily plagiarized from a series of articles in Modern Aviation, called "Trimming from the Ground Up". I've adapted what they said for my own use, but they should receive the original credit.

Please feel free to ask questions or post comments. If you have a question about a particular step, please include the post #. Also if you have other tips or tricks that you'd like to share, please add them

You can tell this is a labor of love, I LOVE this sport... :D

Doug

Last edited:
One thing that I forgot to add was how to manually adjust real servo linkages to provide differential throws to ailerons. This is for those that do not have a computer radio that can do it for them.

This example will have the servo and the linkage on the bottom of the wing, such that the servo will push on the linkage to move the aileron up. If your plane has the servo/linkage on the bottom of the you'll have to reverse the servo arm.

This is a lot easier to show, that it is to explain. So here are three pictures. The first shows a wing that has flaps & aileron, but I'm going to add servos and linkages as if it had two sets of ailerons.

The second picture has one servo controlling both ailerons, a common setup for strip ailerons. Notice how the two "Z" bends are forward of the center line of the servo wheel? Having this offset will cause the servo to push more than it pulls and will give you differential throw.

The last picture is of one of two aileron servos that are on a "Y" cable to the same channel. Again the offset will provide more push than pull.

Again if you have a computer radio, it is easier to use two channels and let the radio do the work.

Attachments

• Image50.jpg
    Image50.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 83
  • Image51.jpg
    Image51.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 81
  • Image52.jpg
    Image52.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Blade Scraper said:
Your such a lil' baby,go get your binky and shuuuut uuuup. :D
P.S POO Does Not Fly.
Well, that wasn't very nice young man. You offended me.
...and yes, poo DOES fly when you blow it out your rear end!
Yes! I gotchya! How do you like me now?

As for the UltraStick, mister, the ding dang thing don't even hover!?!!?!
...let alone do a freakin' loop!

Regards,
Mr. Baker

bobbaker said:
Well, that wasn't very nice young man. You offended me.
...and yes, poo DOES fly when you blow it out your rear end!
Yes! I gotchya! How do you like me now?

Regards,
Mr. Baker
What kinda poo do you have,oh wait your ultra stick,never mind your poo does fly. :p
bobbaker said:
No one gives a rats ***.
I wasn't nice,my @ss
I got ya! BURNED!
Your kinda acting like little me,warbird,always has prob with every thing,when burned he goes nuts ect.

Last edited:
bobbaker said:

Regards,
Mr. Baker
OK, I think the problem has now been isolated. It's on your end. See how easy that was?

The UltraStick that is posted on the swaps not only hovers, but it loops like it was on rails. Now that you've caused all this hate and discontent, would you like some help to find out what your real problem is?

Most of the people on this forum are pretty nice and I think that they'll still help you.

Last edited:
The UltraStick that is posted on the swaps not only hovers, but it loops like it was on rails.

Yup, plane flies very nice on my end.

Sounds like Mr. Baker needs a re-install of G3.... and then a proper set of updates.

I thought of a couple more physics design topics - Wing Loading and Power Requirements.

I'll write something up for these and insert them into a previous post, to keep everything in a logical train of thought.

Three new topics have been added; Stall Severity, Power Requirements, and Wing Loading.

It's a shame that your wonderful tutorial got hijacked, great job! You have put a lot of effort in this. Very helpful.

Just when I thought I was getting a grip on this modeling stuff, comes the physics ;)

This should keep me busy for a while. More learning :D :D

Thanks,

Brentg

I know, there's one in every crowd. Besides just being distasteful, he was all wet. Funny that nothing has been heard from him in days. He's probably too ashamed to show his face around here anymore, at least he should be. :rolleyes:

I hope that you find the data useful in any case.

Doug

Doug,

I would guess he is one of the few ghost writers we have here that get a new handle and as it was put" stir the poo on the stick" All your planes fly great ;)

Dam!
Am I having fun with RCPF's Interceptor or What ?

I have a new Re-Make of its Physics here, but I want to get it checked out. RCPlaneFUBAR, DHK, OP, And anyone else interested. would you all do me (And RCPF) the honors of giving this thing the once over.... (Maybe even a second over..)

I posted it here because at the moment. I have Channel 1 and 5 with 1point of Up trim to get level power off cruse, but once I apply Full power, I starts a little climb. and as of this Unit # (Unit 5) I have the weights of the wings set to stock on most of them. (I tried a Little variation of Stall Severity, and Am now thinking I should have based it on the wings Deep stall Possibilities due to under portions interfering with a good airflow at higher attacks).

Use your own judgment on how it should fly. IE I'm thinking Precise Aerobatic Extreme Sports Fighter.. PAESF Or jumble that and it would be SAPFE or PESAF
NE WAY :) lol. What ever with the Acronym.....

This thing has got my Imagination going :)

PS
Thinking back on Mr. Bakers Post. It May well do us a Benefit If we use it as a reference to the first paragraph in DHK post # 25 re You cant just say its $#!+ :) and just After that Post. DHK could say. Here is a Perfect Example of what would be classed as Inadequate Information. Then We could all Delete our Posts in the Middle and Make the Thread Clean. (Not the posts after eh :) ) or just leave it as is ?

Ne way. Reading it has helped. Though it is a Bit to Chew on. but I am Getting there... DHK Well Done. (Though I do See it Developing Further as Time Goes on, just can't think of anything else to add myself :eek: )

Attachments

• Interceptor Core Brawler Unit 5_AV.G3X
    25.7 KB · Views: 31
HX3D014 said:
Though I do See it Developing Further as Time Goes on, just can't think of anything else to add myself :eek:
If somebody could add the same type of info for Helis it would be great. I know just about enough of helicopter theory to be dangerous.

Last edited:
Helicopter Links

I'm Not worthy. I'm not worthy.

Plus I am a Little Confused lately... Been thinking about the Roll in helicopters in G3 as they increase in airspeed. Busting my nut over this one...

If I did it. It would
a/ take forever
b/ never be finished
c/ be out of order
e/ always be different from one day to the next (Due to second guessing myself)
and lastly
D/ Be not Entirely correct.

Oh. And be filled with an air of disscredability. due to my poor litracy skills and Bad (Atrocious) spelling :p

The last one I can help with. Get the Google tool bar. It has a good spell checker specifically for info typed into Web pages.

HX3D014 said:
I have Channel 1 and 5 with 1point of Up trim to get level power off cruse
Power OFF cruise :confused:

In any case, I'll try to look at this tonight. Generally, if you have up-trim to maintain level flight you should move the CG back slightly. If the plane is unstable with moving the CG back and just a little down-thrust.

Hey dhk79 just wanted to say thanks,my C-130 AV came out great! I followed your multi-section wing instructions and i had 3 main wing sections to the C-130 instead of just one,please take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back