Pilot RC FC-1

Finally! ? ? ?
That same process SHOULD work with the other model. However, you said you have a hole that you can’t get fixed in it, so that might be an issue preventing it. I’ll look at it still and see what I can do to help with that problem.

that was so un-enjoyable!! ?

Attachments

• Screenshot (138).png
    Screenshot (138).png
    225 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (139).png
    Screenshot (139).png
    716.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (140).png
    Screenshot (140).png
    722.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (141).png
    Screenshot (141).png
    754.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (142).png
    Screenshot (142).png
    362.9 KB · Views: 9
Never mapped a jet before, but I’d think it’ll be more of just a top/bottom view with maybe small side areas. Maybe someone that’s done one before will come in.

Your work is looking extremely nice Woodzy, you sure you haven`t done this before... ? ?
i wish i had UT! i have no idea how to map this because its getting what i want on top on the bottom as well, and i don't know how to bring the other shapes in to the same map.

ive tried to get the top and bottom view in to avoid issues when trying to do schemes
What I’m saying is I believe you’ve got the full side view taking up a lot of unnecessary space. I may be wrong though. Like I said I’ve never mapped a jet before. Just looks like a different technique is needed than I’m used to.

I know what you mean, ill have to read up on it because i'm stuck and have no idea if i'm doing it right or completely wrong.

i wish i had UT! i have no idea how to map this because its getting what i want on top on the bottom as well, and i don't know how to bring the other shapes in to the same map.
When mapping, you have to do the top and bottom separate. You’ll map everything separately, if you’re going to map in wings, and when finished, you combine all parts together, arrange them on the tga and create the final tga texture. After creating the texture to have to separate all parts again.

Mapping in Max is usually a little easier in my opinion.

It depends on the fuselage itself. If it is taller than it is wide you would map left and right haves. Top and bottom if its wider. In this case I would map top and bottom. You can planar map the top of the fuse and the wings all at once then flare out the nose and cockpit areas ahead of the wing. That will make the color scheme flow nicely from fuse to wings. This is how I mapped the RVJet.

Attachments

• RVJet1.png
    RVJet1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Just put the wings in place next to the fuse top and bottom. Get rid of the side views they're redundant.

Back