RCFS

Pitts S2B (InterLink) by RCFS_AV

RCFS - What a sweet flying Pitts! My new favorite. As a new RFE owner I have been wrestling with the Hng 9 Pitts (using Software Radio) and finally got acceptable stick controls mainly by re-setting the CG that was way to nose heavy 4+ to 1.01, DR to 50% and Expos 25 & 30. But that was the limit of my knowledge all gained by trial and error.
Then I downloaded yours (my first at doing that too) and WOWWW! I instantly shed 3 decades off this 77 year old carcass and was suddenly flying my long gone 50cc Byron Pitts and Christen Eagle again right from my living room recliner. Thank you so much for allowing me this compatibility to my real life memories, and much, much more as I can now practice anything whatsoever without the thousand dollar hickey with each re-kit lol.
So far, I only notice a tamer roll rate in C switch pos 2, but that is because I don't know the right stick movements to exercise your other two positions 0 & 1, but love flying them anyways with the spirited rolls. I also appreciate the lack of torque roll on full power takeoffs, the near perfect trims, and especially the smooth leveling off from dives both inverted and right side up locking into a "soft" control of low passes. A few weeks on this plane and I'll be ready for the nationals lol. Wonderful work RCFS, many thanks. Oh yeah, I love "dragging" it in with a bit of power for perfect 3 point landings on hardtop.
P.S. I just bought the FMS 1400 Pitts purely for ceiling art ha ha. How could I not buy that gorgeous PNP model for $319 that took only a Torx head to put 99% of it together?
Smoke On!
Rick "MADCAP"

RCFS - What a sweet flying Pitts! My new favorite. As a new RFE owner I have been wrestling with the Hng 9 Pitts (using Software Radio) and finally got acceptable stick controls mainly by re-setting the CG that was way to nose heavy 4+ to 1.01, DR to 50% and Expos 25 & 30. But that was the limit of my knowledge all gained by trial and error.
Then I downloaded yours (my first at doing that too) and WOWWW! I instantly shed 3 decades off this 77 year old carcass and was suddenly flying my long gone 50cc Byron Pitts and Christen Eagle again right from my living room recliner. Thank you so much for allowing me this compatibility to my real life memories, and much, much more as I can now practice anything whatsoever without the thousand dollar hickey with each re-kit lol.
So far, I only notice a tamer roll rate in C switch pos 2, but that is because I don't know the right stick movements to exercise your other two positions 0 & 1, but love flying them anyways with the spirited rolls. I also appreciate the lack of torque roll on full power takeoffs, the near perfect trims, and especially the smooth leveling off from dives both inverted and right side up locking into a "soft" control of low passes. A few weeks on this plane and I'll be ready for the nationals lol. Wonderful work RCFS, many thanks. Oh yeah, I love "dragging" it in with a bit of power for perfect 3 point landings on hardtop.
P.S. I just bought the FMS 1400 Pitts purely for ceiling art ha ha. How could I not buy that gorgeous PNP model for $319 that took only a Torx head to put 99% of it together?
Smoke On!
Rick "MADCAP"
You made my day Rick "MADCAP"

Back