Pivoting Guns

Does anyone know how to make machine guns rotate, for example, with a gimbal on a quadcopter? Thanks.

It is not possible. The gun angle is fixed in relation to the root frame.

I have some ideas for a work around with many discrete angles that fire when the gimbal is aimed appropriately. but it is complicated

It is not possible. The gun angle is fixed in relation to the root frame.

I have some ideas for a work around with many discrete angles that fire when the gimbal is aimed appropriately. but it is complicated
maybe you could add a 'Movable Pod' to the basic design, the way you would for control surfaces or landing gear. that way you cold also add rotating gun turrets/say on top of the B-25, B-17

maybe you could add a 'Movable Pod' to the basic design, the way you would for control surfaces or landing gear. that way you cold also add rotating gun turrets/say on top of the B-25, B-17

Sadly, that does not work. The moveable pod does move the machine gun's position and changes the direction of the muzzle flash. BUT it does not change the direction the gun's projectile fires

Sadly, that does not work. The moveable pod does move the machine gun's position and changes the direction of the muzzle flash. BUT it does not change the direction the gun's projectile fires
Interesting. When I put 11 machine guns on the B-25, the guns fired in the direction of the gun's mounting. I'll have to do some experimenting.

Back