Please help - problems running G2 with Microsoft 7

want2flynow

I am trying to install G2 on my new laptop with Microsoft 7. I have followed the directions exactly to install it, but when I try to run it I get a message that says "Error: DSERR_NODRIVER, File: I:\kelib2a\DirectX\DXirectSound.cpp, Line: 105". Does anyone know what this means or how I can fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.l

You may need to run as Admistrator, if 7 is like vista. What hard drive letter is your OS installed on?

Or, you may need to reinstall DirectX. That problem has surfaced already.

want2flynow said:
I am trying to install G2 on my new laptop with Microsoft 7. I have followed the directions exactly to install it, but when I try to run it I get a message that says "Error: DSERR_NODRIVER, File: I:\kelib2a\DirectX\DXirectSound.cpp, Line: 105". Does anyone know what this means or how I can fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.l

Also, in addition to running it as an administrator, try running it in compatibility mode, right-click on the shortcut or .exe file and select the compatibility tab and select an earlier version of windows to emulate. If that doesn't work then it is probably a DirectX 10 incompatibility with the DX sound calls G2 is making.

GP only supports G2 up to XP for the reasons you're seeing. However, I did find a thread which suggests a couple of solutions: 1. Uninstall your sound card/drivers and reinstall and that disabling your mic and/or using your front panel audio connectors worked as a workaround for the problem.

I all else fails you may be able to get a product like virtualbox to run G2 in an XP virtual machine.

Hope that helps,

Mr. Helpful

stick some headphones into the jack on the front of your computer tower. works everytime. you can take the headphones out once program has started up and your regular speakers will work fine.

What a mess I worked for hours , looking on google did not work finding this
thread but your advice worked fine
Just plug your headphones into the mic jack on the front of the computer
THANK YOU

Back