Please, not the Airfoils!

willsonman

I've noticed that when I first installed RF6 some airfoils are missing. I updated to the latest beta to sort out the dropable items and noticed that a TON of airfoils are missing.... including one used in a previous version of RF6! The Bristol M1 that was JUST released used a GOE airfoil... since when were there only a handful of those! My NACA 23016 was removed... That is a standard SCALE airfoil for almost all WWII US aircraft and completely messes with a lot of custom content of mine but others on the swap pages.

I am hoping this is just temporary as I know KE is adjusting curves on these but...Please bring back the airfoils! Please Please Please!

I will have a look at this very soon. Please make sure if you every see anything of concern, you bring it to my attention.

Thanks,
Chris McVey

We've reproduced this problem.

It seems that some airfoils cannot be found even though the data is actually on the disk.

For now the only workaround is to select another airfoil.

We'll address the issue in our next patch.

Jim

It's affecting stock aircraft too.
Got the impression it only affects non-stock aircraft from the Release notes.
Improved many airfoil curves (stock aircraft are unaffected)

Shutdown with P-51 selected.
Re-started from scratch.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1320983730.jpg
    ScreenShot1320983730.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 23
Wilsonman,

Thank you for pointing out this bug. We've begun working on a fix. It should be available early next week.

We do not recommend that users install beta patch 6.00.025. I've made an announcement to that effect.

Jim

I still can't load your plane and I have the .26 beta. When I click on it the rendering of the plane starts (dds) but then the whole program crashes with the option to send to tech support.

I deleted the plane then re downloaded to be sure still no go.

Robert

kingconsulting said:
I still can't load your plane and I have the .26 beta. When I click on it the rendering of the plane starts (dds) but then the whole program crashes with the option to send to tech support.

I deleted the plane then re downloaded to be sure still no go.

Robert

This is a different issue altogether and not related to the patch.

This is due to your graphics card running out of memory while creating the .dds files. It only happens with very high resolution .tga files (4096x4096 resolution). There are threads describing this issue and tell you how to perform a work around to create the .dds. I also have a section on my personal website detailing the work around to create the .dds files.

See here:
http://mwilson914.jimdo.com/realflight-tips-and-how-tos/

Followed the link to your site and tried that which worked. Thanks!

Robert

mwilson914 said:
This is a different issue altogether and not related to the patch.

This is due to your graphics card running out of memory while creating the .dds files. It only happens with very high resolution .tga files (4096x4096 resolution). There are threads describing this issue and tell you how to perform a work around to create the .dds. I also have a section on my personal website detailing the work around to create the .dds files.

See here:
http://mwilson914.jimdo.com/realflight-tips-and-how-tos/

In trying to find airfoils for a project... I discovered redundancy! Just thought you wanted to know. I'll be looking through a lot more if not all of the airfoils to find something right. I'll post here if I notice anything screwy.

Attachments

• 2percent.jpg
    2percent.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 12
Back