Possible Solution to the AMD driver/directx 9c problems.

Couldn't get the vulkan wrapper to work with 9.5/9.5S but then I saw the information about the 22.5.2 drivers so I deleted the wrapper files, updated my drivers and crossed my fingers. And IT WORKS!!! Even bumped the graphics up, tried a few different fields and spent close to an hour in VR as well! This is on a 5700XT.
Thank you to those who suggested trying the newest driver!

Couldn't get the vulkan wrapper to work with 9.5/9.5S but then I saw the information about the 22.5.2 drivers so I deleted the wrapper files, updated my drivers and crossed my fingers. And IT WORKS!!! Even bumped the graphics up, tried a few different fields and spent close to an hour in VR as well! This is on a 5700XT.
Thank you to those who suggested trying the newest driver!
Thank you for sharing your results. That is indeed the expected outcome at this point. We're glad it is working smoothly for you now!

I'm running Nvidia, but I'd suggest trying the new one. If you have any problems, you should be able to roll back to the older ones.

Testing so you don't have too. LOL

I was getting no start of program.
Had to use several years old drivers to keep flying. 2020
Been doing this for months.

Took a chance.
And maybe AMD fixed this.
So far so good.
Thank goodness. I did not want to go through the down grade again.

9.5 on Steam.
22.7.1 drivers.
Verified working so far.
Good Frame rates and no Program Crashes.
Ryzen 9
PCI-Express 4.0
Asus Motherboard.

RX_5600_XT_gigabyte_manufacturer.PNG

Attachments

• 22.7.1.PNG
    22.7.1.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 3
Thank you for reporting those results, @texasuas! It's very good news that AMD has since put out a couple more minor updates to their drivers without breaking their DirectX 9 support.

Steam version Realflight 9.5s. AMD 6900 XT,
Additional Hardware: Lenovo and HP Reverb G2 Windows Mixed Reality(WMR) Headsets

Drivers 22.5.1: Realflight Crashes upon boot, WMR works
Drivers 22.5.2: Realflight works, WMR is borked
Drivers 22.7.1: Realfight works, WMR is borked

Second computer:
Steam Version RealFlight 9.5s, Nvidia 1080 Ti
Additional Hardware: Lenovo and HP Reverb G2 Windows Mixed Reality(WMR) Headsets

Drivers 516.59: Realflight works, WMR works, fun again

I tried all the combinations and permutations on this forum for trying to get Realflight work, all the Vulkan DLLs and a many more options, and no change.

I'm not one to blame RF outright and I can understand their position in terms of cost/benefit for game sales to hardware specifics. I have no doubt AMD graphics is a small.. ok who am I kidding, a very small subset of their user base. So I put more blame to AMD, as their graphics drivers always seem to be on par with something that comes out of a back alley garage in terms of quality (folks, I've been buying AMD top line graphics cards for over a decade, I'm no Nvidia Fan Boi).

With that being said, I would have hoped RF would take a bit more active approach in helping their existing customer base. It goes a long way to reinforce a mutual respect and admiration. Support companies that make great software, thus they will continue to do so. I'm here still hoping RF is dedicated to finding a way.

@cinoarizona, thanks for the report. This is the first we've heard that WMR devices aren't working with the latest AMD drivers.

I can appreciate where you're coming from. We did look into these AMD issues in the hopes of finding something we could do quickly on our end to help out the affected users, but unfortunately no such quick relief was possible. We reported the issues to AMD and encouraged our affected users to do so as well. Thankfully they did respond with a fix after a while, but it seems it is not entirely complete.

I'm speaking publicly in an official capacity, so... the less said about AMD's drivers, the better. šŸ˜…

I changed my ryzen 1600 for a 5600G, and at the same time I updated my RX 5700 to 22.5.2 and realflight works with this driver!

You should try it with your graphics card, you never know!
Hi - do you know if realflight will work just with the 5600G cpu/gpu?
Thanks

AFAIK it should work - with a compatible driver. AMD broke the compatibility a year or so ago by removing DX9 support from some of their drivers, but I think the newest drivers are OK. I have no idea whether the 5600G is affected or not. There are a bunch of threads & posts scattered around in different forums for various versions of RF that say some specific version of the driver works. If the suggestions in this thread don't work, you might want to try the suggestions from some of the other threads if the suggestions in this thread don't work for you. But I have an nVidia, so I can't say for sure.

Hi.

I come back here, because I just changed my 5700 for a 6650 XT (temperature problem on the 5700). I installed version 23.4.3 (whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.4.3-win10-win11-apr27), and to my surprise, this driver works perfectly with realflight 9.5S.

I hope my post will be useful to someone

I did the same test, placed the DLL files into RF9 program files and I did not see any frame rates improvement, see the attached picture of logs file using Fraps.
Above the red line is original DX9 DLL file, below the red line is using the Vulkan layer DLL file.
Unfortunately I do not have a new 5xxx or 6xxx AMD video card to test.
@asj5547 Is that the same dll you found and posted a long time ago.

I was able to fix the crashes by installing the dxvk -intel -fix beta as explained in another post

I am running a 5700 XT on 23.4.3. My RF9.5S was crashing on load every time. It may have to do with loading Eli Field. @Super Castor are you able to load eli field?

Either way everything seems to work fine with the beta
Yes, it's the airports that uses it all the time :)

I also tested 3d decores like observatory, shipwreck or sierra nevavda cliff, and they all work

Back