privatebeta_directx11 branch does not appear in list

technoid

I tried to download the beta here's what I see in the beta list. I restarted steam twice. What am I doing wrong?

Select Beta.jpg

Hmmm. It seems your client, for whatever reason, doesn't have the updated information yet.

Forgive me for going back to this, because I know you said you restarted Steam, but it isn't always clear to people that just closing it via the 'X' or things like that actually leaves the process running in the background even though the application window goes away. The two ways I know of to exit it completely are via the system tray icon (those steps are listed in the announcement) or by going to the client's main menu and selecting Steam -> Exit.

If you've done that and it's still not showing up, then my best guess is some kind of transitory back-end problem with Steam's network is delaying the metadata rollout. My suggestion in that case would be to wait a while and try again. If all else fails, it will get the updated info on its own sooner or later, at which point the new branch will simply appear in that list for you.

Hmmm. It seems your client, for whatever reason, doesn't have the updated information yet.

Forgive me for going back to this, because I know you said you restarted Steam, but it isn't always clear to people that just closing it via the 'X' or things like that actually leaves the process running in the background even though the application window goes away. The two ways I know of to exit it completely are via the system tray icon (those steps are listed in the announcement) or by going to the client's main menu and selecting Steam -> Exit.

If you've done that and it's still not showing up, then my best guess is some kind of transitory back-end problem with Steam's network is delaying the metadata rollout. My suggestion in that case would be to wait a while and try again. If all else fails, it will get the updated info on its own sooner or later, at which point the new branch will simply appear in that list for you.
Thanks Ryan I'll wait and see if I get the update later. The first two times I exited steam using the file menu exit and seen the exiting steam dialog box as steam closed. Then about one half hour later I exited steam again, and seen the exiting steam dialog box as it closed. Then I restarted my computer and tried it again but still nothing. So I'll wait and try it again later in the day. I'm just excited to try the DX11 beta. Cool Stuff !!!

@technoid, you certainly did all the right things! Sorry it's still not showing up for you. Hopefully soon. FWIW, I know a handful of other people have been able to get it so far. We'll look forward to your results when you are able to switch over.

Duh.. After I tried it again without any success I realized I had it in offline mode. When I went online everything worked correctly. Operator error attacks again.

Back