Problem with Plane Spawn

Ruedi Skywalker

Hi Folks

I am working on a larger project with 10 airfields for fixed wing aircraft. The types are land based aircraft, float based seaplanes and those that can take off from water or land (for example Grumman Widgedon or Canadair CL-215). The latter are simply placed in front of the "Pilot Spawn" if a "Plane Spawn" in the water is not provided (for Example in the mountains). The "Plane Spawn" on the runway is ignored by the software.

My question to you: How can I make sure that the planes are dropped exclusively on "Plane Spawn"? Thanks for your help.

Ruedi Skywalker

Plane Drop CL-215.jpgPlane Drop JU.52.jpg The same Airport, two different planes

To simplify a little bit, where RealFlight places your vehicle depends on the vehicle's launch method and the proximity of vehicle spawns of matching type.

If your vehicle's launch method is set to From Ground and there is a plane spawn on the ground within 300 feet of the pilot, your vehicle will spawn there.

If your vehicle's launch method is set to From Water and there is a plane spawn over the water within 300 feet of the pilot, your vehicle will spawn there.

If there are multiple qualifying spawns within 300 feet, RealFlight will use the one nearest to the pilot.

If there are no matching spawn types within 300 feet, RealFlight will place your vehicle at the pilot's feet.

Last edited:
Thanks Ryan, that's pretty much the same that I found out. So I placed the Pilot Spawn next to the runway. The seaplanes apear somwhere on it and I can taxi to depart.
It is fun to fly with RF

Back