Problems connecting for online updates? Read this.

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
The Launcher from version .410 is now available for direct download. The file is a self-extracting setup that will copy the latest Launcher to the correct location for you.

This version of the Launcher fixes several problems that kept some customers from performing online updates. The problems affected users with a Direcway satellite internet connection and some users inside a network. The usual KEError in this case was 12228.

Of course, if you can't connect for updates in the first place, you can't download the Launcher that will fix your problem, so now you can download it here. Just save it to your local drive somewhere convenient and then run it. You won't need to change any settings during the installation.

When finished, run the Launcher and attempt online registration and updates. Please let us know your results with this version of the Launcher! If you still have problems, please tell us what happens and exactly what error messages you receive.

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem connecting

I don't have a problem connecting!

I have problem with the size of the down loads, they're too big!

Make them smaller, or make them so you can down load them and then exicute them when you finally have the whole thing so it doesn't corrupt G3 during the down load if the down load fails.

Sorry Ryan

I thought that maybe you thought my problem was related to this since you posted this after I made my post. I connect just fine as long as my fire wall is turned off. I had a connection problem when I tried to register and found out then that you can't have your fire wall enabled.

Radeon Graphics

I have the 7500 card, and still get the effects error, was 410 supposed to fix this?

jbourke said:
Our next patch adds support for the Radeon 7500.

There are some limitations (e.g. shadows).

Jim

launchersetup ?

Ryan Douglas said:
The Launcher from version .410 is now available for direct download. The file is a self-extracting setup that will copy the latest Launcher to the correct location for you.

This version of the Launcher fixes several problems that kept some customers from performing online updates. The problems affected users with a Direcway satellite internet connection and some users inside a network. The usual KEError in this case was 12228.

Of course, if you can't connect for updates in the first place, you can't download the Launcher that will fix your problem, so now you can download it here. Just save it to your local drive somewhere convenient and then run it. You won't need to change any settings during the installation.

When finished, run the Launcher and attempt online registration and updates. Please let us know your results with this version of the Launcher! If you still have problems, please tell us what happens and exactly what error messages you receive.

I try to run the launcher but get this message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications,
Then down below it said: Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
(16 Bit Windows Subsystem)

.410 launcher

Ryan
I downloaded the .410 launcher program this afternoon and ran the exe file. It works great! Twenty five minutes later .410 was working on my computer.
I have had great problems downloading on a dialup line. My primary ip is Direcway.

Many many thanks for correcting the satellite problem!!!!

Neptune said:
Ryan
I downloaded the .410 launcher program this afternoon and ran the exe file. It works great! Twenty five minutes later .410 was working on my computer.
I have had great problems downloading on a dialup line. My primary ip is Direcway.

Many many thanks for correcting the satellite problem!!!!
Excellent news! Thanks for getting back to us with your results.

REDDFERN said:
I try to run the launcher but get this message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications,
Then down below it said: Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
(16 Bit Windows Subsystem)
This is a Windows problem. Here are a couple of threads that deal with this topic:

Thread #1
Thread #2

Comments on 410

New member, 1st post...

I've been enjoying G3 for 8 months now. I've had only minor problems, all of which have been addressed online or via phone. Congrats on a great product. As always, $'s saved by learning on a sim far outway the minor difficulties.

I installed v410 yesterday. I thought I'd pass on some observations. I've noticed that all the airports' wind settings are now at zero instead of whatever speed they used to start out at, with the exception of the S.N. Cliff. Also, the wind direction changes direction wildly during flight (even though the wind speed isn't changing). In addition, my computer's mouse cursor seems to lag quite a bit when the photofields, and some of the other airfields are loaded.

These are not serious problems, just ones that may be of use to indicate some other issue that needs to be addressed.

Thanks again...

Update Question

I posted a few days ago but my post is missing...
I have version .387
I do not see .410 when I try to update.
I even downloaded the .410 updater in this thread....
How do I get .410 I cannot connect to my Multi player sessions now because I am "running an older version"

not updating

I have just reinstalled my win xp and try to install G3 have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times trying to re registor and update but as yet have not been able to have downloaded the luncher update yet still no help

Thanks
Greg

not connecting

I have already registered when I first got the program at the start of the year I just wont to update it. but can't seam to connect

Thanks
Greg

What happens when it fails to connect? What steps are you going through and what error messages do you see?

error messages

Sorry it took so long to reply i have been away with work.

I use the updater and register part from the Luncher

I get the error messages

kEError 12218 error readinf data from socket
and
KEError 12228 HTTP response is missing an expected header
and
KEError 21023: unable to register: client/sever transaction failed

I have no problem with another program or software I use online

Thanks
Greg

Ok thanks for replying. The guy who knows the most about this is out until Monday but I'll ask him to look into this when he gets back. If you don't want to wait, you can try contacting Great Planes tech support and they might know of a way to get around the problem.

spoons, we are going to need the following information from you to evaluate this case:

1) The usual system info from the Launcher (read https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=9663)

2) The type of Internet connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, satellite)

3) The rest of the error message for KEError 12218. There should be a
second line that begins with "Description: " followed by more info.

Please reply with that info so we can help you.

Back