Problems connecting for online updates? Read this.

goldenboy said:
when i try to update I got this error:

KEError 21010: Version check failed: Server response is missing required information.
Re-register the software. You'll need to use the same password as when you originally registered. Then it should work for you.

Help!

Only had this since Thursday and fed up with it already

Trying to register and update I get
Keerror 12218 Error reading from socket etc
12228 HTTP response missing expected header
21023 unable to register

I've enabled the launcher and the main program in my firewall program and also tried turning firewall and virus protection all off without result (except exposing my PC to infection/ attack).

I've downloaded and installed the new launcher without result

I've e-mailed support without result

This is an expensive piece of software to be unregisterable and incapable of up upgrade. Looking on this board I'm not alone in having these problems and although the comments about people using their Pc on a network (gasp) or a firewall(two gasps) might have been tenable in 1999 they really don't fly today.

Can anyone throw light on this issue, provide a work aroud to register/download the latest version or do I take it back and warn everyone I know?

B

Ryan Douglas said:
The Launcher from version .410 is now available for direct download. The file is a self-extracting setup that will copy the latest Launcher to the correct location for you.

This version of the Launcher fixes several problems that kept some customers from performing online updates. The problems affected users with a Direcway satellite internet connection and some users inside a network. The usual KEError in this case was 12228.

Of course, if you can't connect for updates in the first place, you can't download the Launcher that will fix your problem, so now you can download it here. Just save it to your local drive somewhere convenient and then run it. You won't need to change any settings during the installation.

When finished, run the Launcher and attempt online registration and updates. Please let us know your results with this version of the Launcher! If you still have problems, please tell us what happens and exactly what error messages you receive.

Ryan is there a reason I can never connect to your server? https://forums.realflight.com/downloads/LauncherSetup.exe I've tried at different times and it always says server is down on your end.

Can I get this somewhere else?

Thanks,

Ken
kctrading

BTW I use cable internet with the firewall off

Last edited by a moderator:
The IP address of the server changed a while back. You should be able to get that same file here.

Travis

everytime i try to update to version 448 it starts but then stops when it trys to Download "RFV3UP.dck" then this error message comes up.
"KEError 12218: Error reading data from socket.
Description: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."
i have already tried unistalling G3 then reinstalling it. it comes up with the same thing everytime. HELP!!!!!

thanks,

P-51

P-51D said:
everytime i try to update to version 448 it starts but then stops when it trys to Download "RFV3UP.dck" then this error message comes up.
"KEError 12218: Error reading data from socket.
Description: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."
i have already tried unistalling G3 then reinstalling it. it comes up with the same thing everytime. HELP!!!!!

thanks,

P-51

You have to do a manual install of the upgrade and already have 430 installed...

They emailed me this link and it work.

https://forums.realflight.com/downloads/RealFlight3_00_448.exe

Ken

Performance Problem After Updating G3

I just Updated my software to the 3.00.448 version and when I started the program and ready to fly, the runway and the airplane started blinking white, and those two are the only one that blinks. Does anyone knows if there is any patch for this or any solution?? thanks

Joe45,

I haven't heard of this problem before. Could you post a screenshot along with your computer specifications? Thanks.

G3 Won't Start

I'm new to the forum so don't know where to post this question.

My G3 has been installed for several months now, but yesterday it wouldn't start when I was going to have my 6 year old grandson give it a try.

The error message said the program was corrupted by a bad disk sector, or a virus, and to re-install. I'm running windows XP. Tried a complete reinstallation, but was never asked for serial number, or to register, etc., and got same error message again.

Ideas or help anyone?

Thanks, Steve

Problem getting online updates

Hi-

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated...

I am trying to get the online updates for G3 and it continues to fail to download all the files...the download will make progress, and seems to download some files, but then it seems to hang at a certain point (which varies from time to time) and fails to download the entire request - it will notify me of teh failure and ask me if I want to try to download the file again, but, as I try again, the issue just happens over and over. When I cancel out, the error is: KEError 21012 (screen image attached)

I have spent hours trying to download to the latest update...

My current version is 3.00.329 because I just reinstalled after trying a full uninstall - reinstall (which didn't help either)

I also tried the "manual updates" .exe file posted in one of the above threads but still ran into the same issue

My system details are below:

System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (Microsoft Corporation)
MFR: NVIDIA
Version: 6.14.0010.5673 (English)
Date: 8/4/2004 01:56:46, 4274816 bytes
CD-ROM (?:\) SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616F (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A (?)
Installed in: C:\Program Files\RealFlightG3
Free Disk Space (C:\): 74148 mb free
Launcher Version: 1.00.175
RealFlight G3: 3.00.329

Please help :)

Jared

Attachments

• error (Medium) (WinCE).bmp
    47.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
jcjustus said:
Hi-

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated...

I am trying to get the online updates for G3 and it continues to fail to download all the files...the download will make progress, and seems to download some files, but then it seems to hang at a certain point (which varies from time to time) and fails to download the entire request - it will notify me of teh failure and ask me if I want to try to download the file again, but, as I try again, the issue just happens over and over. When I cancel out, the error is: KEError 21012 (screen image attached)

I have spent hours trying to download to the latest update...

My current version is 3.00.329 because I just reinstalled after trying a full uninstall - reinstall (which didn't help either)

I also tried the "manual updates" .exe file posted in one of the above threads but still ran into the same issue

My system details are below:

System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (Microsoft Corporation)
MFR: NVIDIA
Version: 6.14.0010.5673 (English)
Date: 8/4/2004 01:56:46, 4274816 bytes
CD-ROM (?:\) SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616F (?)
CD-ROM (?:\) _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A (?)
Installed in: C:\Program Files\RealFlightG3
Free Disk Space (C:\): 74148 mb free
Launcher Version: 1.00.175
RealFlight G3: 3.00.329

Please help :)

Jared

Here is the latest manual download, as it will not update when running Real Flight program...I had to do this last time as well...

This will update you to 3.5 version 044 which is the latest version and works on G3 3.00 . Not sure if you can update to a higher version or that you need to do each one seperate?

https://forums.realflight.com/downloads/RealFlight3_50_044.exe

Ken

The single file update needs to be applied only AFTER you have G3 updated to a specific version.

If you do this prior to installing the requisit update you'll have strange results or errors AFAIK.

Help with an old post

I'm having the same problem and this old post (2005) has links that dont work any more any help?...is there hope for me to download the latest 3.5 update as I bought the latest version in Australia where I live and the Cd for the 3.5 update gives me the same response :D

Ryan Douglas said:
This is a Windows problem. Here are a couple of threads that deal with this topic:

Thread #1
Thread #2

Opjose Hi

Thanks for the links.....in ran the Fixit.exe

took about 2 seconds as others have noted.....my computer behaved oddly for a few minutes...then allowed me to shutdown and reboot

After reboot the CD would not autstart....but it ran manual install in the Run on the Start menu...just directed it to the CD and it installed G3.5 without an issue

Iam now up and going

So thankyou for your attention

Regards

Roachie
Armidale
Australia :D

Download didn't take...

When I launch G3.5, I now get error KEError12212. Then I get 21039 indicating not able to update.

I am open to suggestions.

Don :)

Won't connect still

I have been using RealFlight G3.5 for a while now and had the sinking Heli Max Axe problem so i updated to the latest update to fix it but it still sinks. I came on here and a guy said to uninstall everything and reinstall so i did except i didn't uninstall the serials but everything else i did. Reinstalled and now it won't connect to online updates. I installed the 0.44 launcher or whatever it is and still no luck.

The following error codes are what i get:

KEError 12217 : Read 0 bytes from socket when data expected.
Description: 0

KEError 12228 : HTTP response is missing an expected header.

KEError 21039 : Unable to obtain latest available version number; server transaction failed.

Please help

Back