Problems entering your serial numbers?

I have the serials written in sharpie on disc #1 AND I have
scratched both serials as well as the serials from ex.packs on to my Interlink...
$%& happens! hard drives crash, boxes get lost, ink rubs off ....I figure if I've lost my interlink ....serials are the least of my worries

I bought RF G5 from a LHS and cannot get it to register. I have a non-standard setup with my main drive as I: and not C:

I don't really have a choice though as this is a bootcamp partition on a Mac Pro. The hardware is sufficient to run RF, but I cannot get the launcher to accept the serial numbers. When I had it running under Parallels under OSX I did not have a problem with the serial entry, but that setup had a significant performance disadvantage. It was real slow.

Is there a workaround for this limitation?

Did you enter the numbers properly?

InterLink serial numbers have the format xxxxxxx-I2-xxxxxx or xxxxxxx-I3-xxxxxx, depending on which version of InterLink you have. The middle numbers I2 and I3 are the letter I not the number 1.

Norton said:
Did you enter the numbers properly?

InterLink serial numbers have the format xxxxxxx-I2-xxxxxx or xxxxxxx-I3-xxxxxx, depending on which version of InterLink you have. The middle numbers I2 and I3 are the letter I not the number 1.

Yes, I entered them properly. Tried 4-5 times. My middle set of characters for the Interlink is I3. Also, these work fine as I mentioned in Parallels, but the program just doesn't perform well in the emulation environment. Hence my attempt at dual booting my Mac.

I really think it stems from the fact that my Windows drive is I: and not C: as referenced earlier in this thread and was wondering if there is a workaround yet ...

I just received my G5 and to my disappointment my Interlink serial number stickers were missing on back of controller, so I guess no installing tonight :( .

I did and they prompyly took care of it but now I am getting aKEError 32495 when I try to run program> Guess I'll have to do more research. :confused:

Something is very wrong with your installation. You should try reinstalling, and if that doesn't help, contact tech support again. They are very good at helping with these sorts of problems.

I did a reinstall and all worked great, But did the last update and caused lag terrible, so I went back to a earlier version and all is good again, Thanks for all the help, I'll get it soon lol

g2 controller g5 dont like

i got a interlink controler (a small step down from the g3.5 interlink plus) and its format is ######IC####### and it wont let me register the cerial number and if i cant use this one then i got no rf!! ( f.y.i. i got it to replace my interlink plus) :confused: :( :confused: :(

plane guy said:
i got a interlink controler (a small step down from the g3.5 interlink plus) and its format is ######IC####### and it wont let me register the cerial number and if i cant use this one then i got no rf!! ( f.y.i. i got it to replace my interlink plus) :confused: :( :confused: :(

What happened to your old Interlink Plus, and why didn't you send it it to Tech-Support? :confused: :( :confused: :( They would have helped you.
Obviously, a G2 Interlink will not work on a higher rev version, so you wasted your money.

plane guy said:
( f.y.i. i got it to replace my interlink plus) :confused: :( :confused: :(
There is no legit way to get a G2 controller to "replace" a G3 controller. The G5 upgrade is for owners of G3 and up. Sorry, but if you don't have a G3 or better controller, you can't use G5.

You said you got the older interlink to replace your interlink plus
but did not say weather you got rid of it or if it's just broken
.... If it's broken............ get it fixed!...........you've already spent the money on the upgrade and have obviously opened and tried to install it, meaning that your LHS probably will not take it back

Last edited:
FIX for KEError 21051. Unknown product code.

Alright, I'm not sure if someone already posted this or not, but here's how to fix the problem when you are getting this error.

For me, it was because of the short-cut I was using to run the LanucherG5.exe in the C:\program files\realflight 5 (or 4.5)\ directory.

• Go to C:\program files\realflight 5 (or 4.5), right click drag the Laucherg5.exe and create a new shortcut.

• Right click on the shortcut and go to properties.

• The "Target:" field should say "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG5\LauncherG5.exe"

• Change it to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlightG5\LauncherG5.exe" -product=REALFLIGHT5

Obviously you'll do the same thing for G4 except change the last part from -product=REALFLIGHT4.

I had the same product code above, and this fixed it. When you install Realflight, the original shortcut contains this command, but if you delete that short-cut, you'll need to manually enter this command to get the launcher to pop up.

upgrade 5.5

Hi, I just bought and installed the upgrade to 5.5

The installation all goes fine. I entered the upgrade serial numbers from the back of the box and the interlink serial number (its an I3) and then finish installation.

But when I want to run the simulator 5.5 it tells me that there is not a valid interlink connected to the computer....
any ideas whats going on?

the G4 keeps running fine. I tried re-installing the upgrade G5.5 and erasing all the serial numbers and starting again with the same results...
also tried connecting the interlink to other usb ports available...

thanks!

Back