Program transfer

Easiest way: Spend $10 on a USB DVD drive. Plug it in & use it.
A little harder: Use your old computer (or a friend's computer) to copy all the files from the CD to a blank thumb drive. Be sure to set the volume label on the thumb drive to exactly match the CD.

Use another computer to copy all the files from the CD to a USB stick, rename the USB to be the same as the CD, then use the USB device to install RF.
Hopefully your new computer has a dedicated video card and not running solely on a 12th or 13th generation Intel CPU.
I purchased a new Laptop a few weeks ago, RF 9.5 won't run on it (new Intel iGPU's don't support DirectX9, which is still used by RF). They've been releasing essentially the same sim for many years now. If I want to use the sim, I have to use my gaming laptop which has a dedicated GPU (1660ti).

Last edited:
I purchased a new Laptop a few weeks ago, RF 9.5 won't run on it (new Intel iGPU's don't support DirectX9, which is still used by RF). They've been releasing essentially the same sim for many years now. If I want to use the sim, I have to use my gaming laptop which has a dedicated GPU (1660ti).
The new version of RealFlight, RF Evolution, supports the new integrated graphics using DirectX 11 so it will work on your new laptop. The latest Windows comes with DirectX 12 but DX12 is backwards compatible with DX11.

Back