Program won't Launch

jpb

Innstalled on Win XP service pack 3. All drivers and directx updated. Install goes fine but when I click on icon to lanch program the small square image comes up ans says loading and then after 5 seconds is disappears with no error message. The amber light is flashing on the controller/transmitter.

If I disconnect the controller and launch the program the program still does not load but the background music starts playing and it says to connect the controller and hit ok but as soon as I do everything stops and the loading icon disappears.

I tried updating through the control panel but it can't find server. I do have an internet connection and no firewall but it still is a no go. I tried closing all background apps but still no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What version are you running? Amber light? Background music? Must be earlier than G5.

I just didn't know RF ever had background music. You're in the right place, but I can't help.

I'm not surprised your not finding the server. I think support has been discontinued for G2. Its a very old version and most everyone here is running 3.5 at least so you may not get much help in the forums. Tech support may be the best option but I'm not even sure they could help much since G2 is discontinued. Your controller is serial port correct? If I remember right it used to plug into the sound card. You may want to look at audio card drivers to drive the serial port. If I'm wrong and its a USB controller I would suggest trying different ports first then deleting the USB chain and rebuilding it. I still believe its the former. Hope it helps.
ps there have been big advances in RealFlight since your version. You may want to consider upgrading. You may want to also think about making the move to a modern OS. XP support ends this year.

Do you see the word "unpublished" in the URL, or the directions on the page itself?? :rolleyes:

Back