PX-51

Here's a picture of the new color scheme I made for the P-51C. I'm not using the normal map for this CS those are just the panel lines and rivets in the color scheme. I may do a second CS using the normal map and I'll give the normal map to anyone who wants it if I don't. But right now I like this plane with just the flat panel lines and rivets like I used to do them. I still need to pull out the hstab and vstab servos so they show properly.

P-51C Mustang EP 14.jpg

Here's a picture of the new color scheme I made for the P-51C. I'm not using the normal map for this CS those are just the panel lines and rivets in the color scheme. I may do a second CS using the normal map and I'll give the normal map to anyone who wants it if I don't. But right now I like this plane with just the flat panel lines and rivets like I used to do them. I still need to pull out the hstab and vstab servos so they show properly.

View attachment 127464
that is a great looking CS technoid , with those panel lines and rivets those that have computers that have some issues with normal maps turned on can have that look as well :)

I went back and pulled the hstab and vstab servos out where they got mostly hidden when I reworked the fuselage for the P-51C. I thought I'd go ahead and upload another beta in case you guys want to see the release color scheme. The only thing left to do is the final physics but it fly's just fine and the final physics only need the parts shifted around because of the modifications I made to make it a P-51C. So here's a beta with the final mapping for anyone that wants to make a color scheme for it or just checkout the release color scheme.

P-51C Mustang EP 14.jpg

Attachments

• P-51C Mustang EP_EA.RFX
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
I started working on the release physics for the P-51C and have everything finished except repositioning the on-board cameras for the modified fuselage but I'll do that next right now I need a break. I plan to release the P-51C after the first of the year so I'll have something new for the new year.

Does anyone like this plane? It's a 31" wingspan but I'd make it an 84" like the rest of the PX series.

Bambina 01.jpgBambina 02.jpg

It's a cool looking airplane, but I don't recognize it as a WW2 airplane. Am I right?
It's not a WWII plane it's just a sport plane that caught my eye. I guess to me the PX series is more about the type of RC plane it is not that it will always be a warbird. So the PX series has become "my fun fly conversion" of any plane I guess. It did start out being warbirds but right now I'm just looking for something that interests me to model. (And I'm having a tough time finding something)

I'm just looking for something that interests me to model. (And I'm having a tough time finding something)
Here are some random ideas. These are airplanes that have caught my eye over the last few months.

Aero Vodochodi L-29 Delfin
This is just a really cool looking airplane in my opinion. It doesn't have a prop, but maybe it could and still look good?
1200px-Aero_Vodochody_L-29_Delfin_Beetle_3rd_Pass_04_TICO_13March2010_%2814597429704%29.jpg

Aero Vodochody L-29 Delfin.jpg

Douglas DC-5
I read that this Douglas civilian transport was overtaken by the events of WW2. I haven't seen it on the swaps at all. It would surely be a fun airplane in fun scale.
Douglas-DC-5-VH-CXC-Australian-National-Airways-1944.jpeg

Douglas-DC-5-NC-21701-3-Duggy009-Photobucket.jpg

dc-5.JPG

douglas_dc-5.gif

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
because why not! This would bring new meaning to the term Fun Scale! ?
chitty-chitty-bang-bang-1.jpg
35f9f8212f784cef491cd851e90b50a2.jpg

Piaggio Aero Avanti
How is this not a cool looking airplane!
Piaggio_P-180_Avanti.jpg
P180rn.gif

the so-ugly-it's-beautiful
Transavia PL-12 Airtruk

This was in the Mad Max movies, but it's a legitimate agricultural airplane.
main-qimg-b6658c6eb1706de56822c3fabbcdf087

s96wq6cqt4321.jpg

transavia airtruk 3view.jpeg

Last edited:
I started working on the release physics for the P-51C and have everything finished except repositioning the on-board cameras for the modified fuselage but I'll do that next right now I need a break. I plan to release the P-51C after the first of the year so I'll have something new for the new year.

Does anyone like this plane? It's a 31" wingspan but I'd make it an 84" like the rest of the PX series.

View attachment 127501View attachment 127502
The Bambina (RCME volume 60) looks like a good choice, especially if you add some landing gear.

Here are some random ideas. These are airplanes that have caught my eye over the last few months.

Aero Vodochodi L-29 Delfin
This is just a really cool looking airplane in my opinion. It doesn't have a prop, but maybe it could and still look good?
1200px-Aero_Vodochody_L-29_Delfin_Beetle_3rd_Pass_04_TICO_13March2010_%2814597429704%29.jpg

View attachment 127508

Douglas DC-5
I read that this Douglas civilian transport was overtaken by the events of WW2. I haven't seen it on the swaps at all. It would surely be a fun airplane in fun scale.
Douglas-DC-5-VH-CXC-Australian-National-Airways-1944.jpeg

Douglas-DC-5-NC-21701-3-Duggy009-Photobucket.jpg

dc-5.JPG

View attachment 127510

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
because why not! This would bring new meaning to the term Fun Scale! ?
View attachment 127507
35f9f8212f784cef491cd851e90b50a2.jpg

Piaggio Aero Avanti
How is this not a cool looking airplane!
View attachment 127506
P180rn.gif

the so-ugly-it's-beautiful
Transavia PL-12 Airtruk

This was in the Mad Max movies, but it's a legitimate agricultural airplane.
main-qimg-b6658c6eb1706de56822c3fabbcdf087

s96wq6cqt4321.jpg

View attachment 127504
They're all very nice planes especially the first jet but I want to stick with a prop plane that does good aerobatics. I have a one track mind these days. I like flip flopping around in the air so jets don't work that well for me.

Back