Question about design

Patrick-amidair

i would like to help you with the design of new airplane. I read a lot of tutorial to learn how to do it. Since im not too bad in graphic, What software is the best to create complete airplane in realflight other than wind 3d and 3dsmax ? And what its the best one for material texture or painting ?

Other than wings3d or Max?
* Blender is another one, but you can count in one hand and have fingers left over on people who know this package.
Texturing and mapping:
* There is no "best" use what you are used to. Any paint package than can edit .TGA files. If you are more advanced than the basic colorscheme, then look into Photoshop with the Normals plugin.
Gimp is also a FREE editor which also has a Normals plugin.

phrank said:
Other than wings3d or Max?
* Blender is another one, but you can count in one hand and have fingers left over on people who know this package.
Texturing and mapping:
* There is no "best" use what you are used to. Any paint package than can edit .TGA files. If you are more advanced than the basic colorscheme, then look into Photoshop with the Normals plugin.
Gimp is also a FREE editor which also has a Normals plugin.

Thank alot Phrank, I'll past my weekend to download and learn them.

i really want to take detail picture of my extra 300 32e this weekend and start with it. Im gonna try to edit the yak carbon z on the swap page to fly nicely in r6. At this moment it is not realistic. By the way, do you feel electric plane seen to discharge the battery faster in r6 or im dreaming ?

Patrick-amidair said:
I'll past my weekend to download and learn them.
LOL, try more like a week-month for each. Actually work through the tutorials until you understand what the program is doing. That way you be able to apply the various techniques in non-standard ways.

"Originally Posted by Patrick-amidair
I'll past my weekend to download and learn them. "
Now that is funny!

dhk79 said:
LOL, try more like a week-month for each. Actually work through the tutorials until you understand what the program is doing. That way you be able to apply the various techniques in non-standard ways.

Omg Right. I already past 2 day reading tutorial and KE forum :eek:

it's there a software that does everything from modeling to mapping and texturing or the best way to go is - Wing 3d and Grimp to finalize ? i would like to use 3dmax but im not rich yet :confused:

Yeah, you'll definitely need a little more time. ;)

To create on your own, you need to be proficient in the following:
* Aircraft Variants - Doug has a real nice physics tutorial that is a must for any modder in order to get believable realworld flight characteristics. That Aircraft you plan to edit should be a good intro.
* Colorschemes - You need a few of them under your belt, this will give you a general idea of how texture maps are laid out, while at the same time getting you familiar with your favorite Paint application.
* 3D modeling - This is where you can let lose, create anything you want, but the software is tough to learn initially. Like any skill, it takes a while to master.

Good luck!

flexible said:
"Originally Posted by Patrick-amidair
I'll past my weekend to download and learn them. "
Now that is funny!

:cool: Well guy like you that take time to create easy to understand tutorial, save us so much time. I like a lot your wing 3d for dummies. :eek: I like this stuff, this make me remember when i was fighthing with my mouse to ceate bryce 3d annimation stuff. Rendering was so long, that when it was finish, you computer was out to date :mad:

Flex, you started modeling in early 2010. I know, because I started shortly after you. I knew if an old fart could do it, surely I could!!

flexible said:
P-A, I am 68, been modeling for, I forget. It took me 1500 old man hrs to learn the basics of getting the first model into RF. If you want to see some of the trials of this process look here. This will help put things into perspitive.

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=24817
Flex is right, but dont let that discourage you. Every one of us learn something with every model. Give it a try, and when you get stuck, theres help here if you ask.

Back