Question about rebate

Teh Frog

I want to know if you have to buy g4 before getting the rebate??? Does the merchandise certificate only buy you expansion packs and add ons or does it give you a discount on g4? :confused: Note: I am a g3.5 owner and have my receipt.

You have to buy G4 in order to qualify for the rebate.

I'm guessing the mechandise certificate can be used for anything Real Flight sells, except towards the purchase of G4.

No it's not a "discount" on G4.

The merchandise certificate can be used to purchase OTHER Great Planes ( and several other manufacturer's ) products.

Tower offers a 25.00 discount on orders of $199.00.

Since that is the cost of G4, you can purchase G4 for 175.00.

Then apply the merchandise certificate for an additional 75.00 of merchandise purchases... You COULD use it for exansion packs, RC Planes, OS Engines, etc.

Or you can get a $30.00 cash rebate instead of the latter.

Hi guys,

I'm a french customer who purshased RF G4 from Tower Hobbies web site.

At the end of the rebate form (rf-g4-rebate-form.pdf) I quoted the following:
"Offer good only for items purchased in and by residents of the USA and Canada."

Does this mean I can't ask for the rebate?

Thanks for your help.

p.delorenzo said:
Hi guys,

I'm a french customer who purshased RF G4 from Tower Hobbies web site.

At the end of the rebate form (rf-g4-rebate-form.pdf) I quoted the following:
"Offer good only for items purchased in and by residents of the USA and Canada."

Does this mean I can't ask for the rebate?

Thanks for your help.

Good question, especially since you purchased through Tower.

While I'm speculating here, I would imagine that if you applied the merchandise certificate against another purchase at Tower, it would be honored, provided you only attempted from the manufacturer's listed.

Can anyone at KE please elaborate a bit?

The RealFlight support team is the place to go with these questions.

I'm saying this as a "humorous" post....not to complain:

I only sent an e-mail tech question to RealFlight support last week (11/1/07) along with a "confirmation receipt" (so I'd know when they opened the message)

It has yet to be opened and read.....6 days is a pretty good wait? Also in the meantime (around the 3rd) I called RealFlight support....only to be on hold so long I had to finally hang up without talking to anyone.

Again.....this is just a "light hearted" post. I'm not upset about it.

opjose said:
No it's not a "discount" on G4.

The merchandise certificate can be used to purchase OTHER Great Planes ( and several other manufacturer's ) products.

Tower offers a 25.00 discount on orders of $199.00.

Since that is the cost of G4, you can purchase G4 for 175.00.

Then apply the merchandise certificate for an additional 75.00 of merchandise purchases... You COULD use it for exansion packs, RC Planes, OS Engines, etc.

Or you can get a $30.00 cash rebate instead of the latter.

What are the other manufacturers you can use the certificate on? Anything at Tower Hobbies?

Check the News and Announcements section for the details. It's in the small print at the bottom of the document

jeffpn said:
Check the News and Announcements section for the details. It's in the small print at the bottom of the document

Thanks! I was going to check there but figured they would've posted it somewhere else. I think they did their homework and listened to people's concerns; this rebate is pretty good.

It's very similar to the G3 rebate they offered for G2 owners. It is better, though. Last time they threw in an addon with the cash. Problem was, I already had the addon!

jeffpn said:
It's very similar to the G3 rebate they offered for G2 owners. It is better, though. Last time they threw in an addon with the cash. Problem was, I already had the addon!

Well, I bet it's hard making a rebate that benefits everyone. I think the separate cash/certificate options are pretty good. Plus, with the $75/$100 merchandise rebate, buyers could purchase a couple EPs if they wanted to.

Back