Question about the Interlink X in RF8

csgill75

By the looks of things, The sliders on the back of the Interlink X are non functional? I cannot calibrate them or see them in the editor. Is this functionality something that can be added to RF8?

Attachments

• InterlinkX.PNG
    InterlinkX.PNG
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
  • RF8 Calibration.PNG
    RF8 Calibration.PNG
    249.8 KB · Views: 10
  • RFX Calibration.PNG
    RFX Calibration.PNG
    458.5 KB · Views: 10
I wonder if trying a different profile might work (something other than Interlink-X). I have been able to get all the channels working on my DX9 using my OrangeRX wireless USB dongle. It did take some creative mapping on the program and channel re-assigning on the radio to get them where they should be. I can even use my knob for flaps. I still pick up the Interlink Elite most of the time but it's really nice to have supported now without wires.

The OrangeRX dongle is half the price of the Spektrum one and they also make one that supports Frsky radios.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1509790051.jpg
    ScreenShot1509790051.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I'll give it a try and see if I can create a custom profile to get the extra channels. It would have been nice if they worked out of the box. RF8 recognized the interlink X and works well, but it would have been nice to be able to choose the picture in the radio gadget to something other than the elite if I'm not using it and we could use the additional channels mapped to the keyboard like we do in RF-X.

Last edited:
By the looks of things, The sliders on the back of the Interlink X are non functional? I cannot calibrate them or see them in the editor. Is this functionality something that can be added to RF8?

The sliders do respond in the editor. So I assume the do work.

The sliders do respond in the editor. So I assume the do work.

How do you calibrate them? Did you create a custom profile? Any of the aircraft that have them functional in RF-X do not have them functional in 8.

Found them

I created a custom Profile to enable and enabled them to work in the calibration menu. It would be nice that this is enabled by default and give us the keyboard commands that we have in RF-X for those channels.

Attachments

• Interlink X.PNG
    Interlink X.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 17
Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I have filed multiple related cases.

Note that in RF-X we were able to map virtual channels 9 & 10 to the 'H' and 'J' keys because both of those were available, whereas RF8 uses way more of the keyboard--including 'H'.

Back