Question about Trim

iflyrjs

Hello everyone
New to RF. I did a search to see if I could find out if there is a topic about the use of the trim button. I'm basically looking to see how to properly use it. Does each a/c have to be trimmed ? Here's what I noticed when trying to fly straight and level I constantly have to keep a slight down pressure to remain level. But that can be difficult since the a/c is constantly Porpoising . If I reduce the power to 50-60% it seems to fly level. As soon as I go to full power the a/c takes off to the sky.
I couldnt find anything as far as a lesson. Maybe someone can explain the steps.

The first step is to calibrate your controller in Windows.

Second step is to calibrate the controller in RealFlight; through the Select Controller Editor.

Without a calibrated controller talking about 'trim' is silly.

Now a special note about select aircraft. Some models are specifically designed (sim and real) to climb with power, and to descend with reduced power. This is normal; an example of such an aircraft is the Apprentice STS trainer. That said--

If your controller is calibrated properly, you should not need to use the trim tabs under normal circumstances, unlike a real model in the field. A real model in the field must be physically balanced and trimmed, and then sub-trimmed using the field controller. In the sim this is not necessary because the physics of the aircraft are balanced and setup properly for correct stable flight. This may be changed in the aircraft editor. You may offset the CG (for instance) and then use your trim tabs to correct for the offset CG as a practice exercise.

The trim tabs incrementally move the virtual center of the gimbals. This works the same whether you're using the InterlinkDX (or other usb gamepad controller) or your field radio via the WS1000\WS2000 dongle.

marcus

The first step is to calibrate your controller in Windows.

Second step is to calibrate the controller in RealFlight; through the Select Controller Editor.

Without a calibrated controller talking about 'trim' is silly.

Now a special note about select aircraft. Some models are specifically designed (sim and real) to climb with power, and to descend with reduced power. This is normal; an example of such an aircraft is the Apprentice STS trainer. That said--

If your controller is calibrated properly, you should not need to use the trim tabs under normal circumstances, unlike a real model in the field. A real model in the field must be physically balanced and trimmed, and then sub-trimmed using the field controller. In the sim this is not necessary because the physics of the aircraft are balanced and setup properly for correct stable flight. This may be changed in the aircraft editor. You may offset the CG (for instance) and then use your trim tabs to correct for the offset CG as a practice exercise.

The trim tabs incrementally move the virtual center of the gimbals. This works the same whether you're using the InterlinkDX (or other usb gamepad controller) or your field radio via the WS1000\WS2000 dongle.

marcus
Marcus Thanks for responding

Back