Question on P-Factor

wixmix

Hey guys,

First off, I am sorry if this question has been answered on another thread. I have just purchased RF 7.5. I cannot find a way to simulate P-factor. Is there an option in settings which allows the simulator to add aritificial p-factor? It is really throwing me off flying these prop planes and not having to use any rudder to stay down the runway on takeoff. I would be surprised if they didnt have an option as Microsoft Flight Sim had this feature 10 years ago.

Thanks,

Ben

Yes it is there. Make sure you turn on the ADVANCED editor options to see everything.

P-Factor has a much smaller effect on RC planes than people realize.

That left yaw and wing drop you see, is more often caused by gyroscopic and thrust effects on the fuselage.

Turn up the setting in the editor that controls the "back thrust" ( hint: I don't remember exactly what it is called as I write this, but read the descriptions ) and you'll get realistic left yaws.

Also note that the planes in the sim are somewhat idealized. Your real RC plane will tend to toe out as it runs down the tarmac.

You can also pre-define some negative toe-in to emulate that.

Done properly you can get exactly the same hard to handle warbird behaviour in the sim you'll see at the field.

Make a copy of your plane, and then make adjustments using the Aircraft Editor. Not much has changed since the above posts.

Back