Questions about the link

legoman

Do EA's I make in RF8 transfer there FlightAxis Link input to other users who have FlightAxis Link enabled on there system? More specificly automaticly though the swappages?

Do the 8 input channels have to be the first 8 on the radio tab in the RF8 editor?

Legoman,

FlightAxis Link data doesn't have anything to do with what vehicle is being flown. Only state data (where am I, how fast am I going, etc.) is transmitted. So, yes, your EA's should work with FlightAxis Link, just as they work for a human pilot. The Link can tell autopilot software what any aircraft is doing, and can send the autopilot's control data to that aircraft.

And yes, the FlightAxis Link can control the first 8 input channels. If you've mapped any of those to a vehicle channel above 8, that will still work. For instance, if you've mapped the knob (Input Channel 6) to a software radio channel 12, then it would still operate whenever the Link changed the value of it's Channel 6.

Legoman,

FlightAxis Link data doesn't have anything to do with what vehicle is being flown. Only state data (where am I, how fast am I going, etc.) is transmitted. So, yes, your EA's should work with FlightAxis Link, just as they work for a human pilot. The Link can tell autopilot software what any aircraft is doing, and can send the autopilot's control data to that aircraft.

And yes, the FlightAxis Link can control the first 8 input channels. If you've mapped any of those to a vehicle channel above 8, that will still work. For instance, if you've mapped the knob (Input Channel 6) to a software radio channel 12, then it would still operate whenever the Link changed the value of it's Channel 6.

What I was going to do it make compass, altimeter, and fuel gauge work and Is touching Ground to run some stuff.

I know how the channels work and the reciever on the aircraft is already set to 15 or 18 channels to use the 14 input "Channels"/"devices" on the interlink-X. yes I have first four channels set a side for the trims as input devices.

OK, I see. You could certainly have your flight controller watch those things and send back channel data to animate them. Is that what you're wanting to do?

It would only work when the flight controller has taken over the input channels, though. You can't mix manual control from the InterLink with the FlightAxis Link input channels. Your flight controller could pass some channels through directly, though. That would still allow manual control and animation based on Link data.

OK, I see. You could certainly have your flight controller watch those things and send back channel data to animate them. Is that what you're wanting to do?

It would only work when the flight controller has taken over the input channels, though. You can't mix manual control from the InterLink with the FlightAxis Link input channels. Your flight controller could pass some channels through directly, though. That would still allow manual control and animation based on Link data.

That is what I was wanting to do. but I haven't gotten the the code compiled yet And I probolby will not bother at this point.

Linking problem

I am having a problem with linking using a computer that is set to Chinese interface. Mission planner loads in Chinese and seems like it is linking correctly, but the stream shows no data. None of the parameters can be changed and it can't be armed. I have used it before on an English computer and it worked fine. The versions of mission planner are 1.3.56 on the English version and 1.3.55 on the Chinese. Does anyone know why this might not be working.

Back