rcdoski

Rcdoski ACRC Anoka County RC Ultra Field_AP

rcdoski

rcdoski submitted a new upload:

Rcdoski ACRC Anoka County RC Ultra Field_AP

ANOKA COUNTY RC
This is a new version of my home field Anoka County RC. It is located 30 minutes NE of the Twin Cities in amongst the sod farms in East Bethel MN. Just east of Hwy 65. This new version is close to the look and feel of the actual flying field. It has several pilot spawns. The default spawn puts you on the taxi way at midpoint of the runway. There are other pilot spawns at each end of the runway. I have added lift for anyone wanting to fly sailplanes by just pressing the up...

View the Swap Page

Awesome!! To see you finally post this pal a job well doneπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘ I was flying at your first ''pilot spawn'' but your club safety officer spazzed out on me on my way of 3d flying so I then went to ''Pilot Spawn 5'' instead where i'm out of his way😜😜😜🀣🀣🀣🀣😜😜😜

Nice job. A couple of things -
1. No water pipe that usually is present on the north end to avoid if doing early touchdowns/late takeoffs.
2. No ditch on the south end.
4. No biffy - I need that!
5. Jeff and the others typically park their big trailers on the other end of the parking lot.

All said in the spirit of gentle jest!;) It can be a lot of work laying one out!

I've flow there more this summer than at my other club, mostly for the Wed. night training. Nice to see someone tackle updating the really old version from the swaps.

If you care, here's the full 3D one I did for St. Paul Model Radio Controllers a few years ago (a few miles down the road from this one).

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/st-paul-radio-control_ap.23857/

There's also a "lite" version without all the corn, to shorten load times .....

Flapper (aka Ted Sander)

My apologies to rcdoski - didn't mean my teasing comments to come off as snarky as they did. A great job, and one that I will be using a LOT when I can't get out there for real!

β€ŠNo problem Flapper. Let's see if I can answer what's on your list. 1. It seems that the employees of the sod farm moved the water pipes out of the way. πŸ˜‰ 2. The ditch seems to be covered by vegetation so you can't see it.😊 3. It looks like you missed #3. 4. The biffy is there. It could get bad if you need it right away.😯 5. I just looked on Google maps and it looks like Roger's truck is still parked 😳 on the north end of the parking lot. :unsure:πŸ˜‚. Have fun πŸ‘. Enjoy the field πŸ˜‰.

Last edited:
Back