Reactor Bipe EP in expansion pack #5 question?

Richord

Anyone have expansion pack 5 with the Reactor Bipe EP and also actually fly the real plane.

If so do you find it flies pretty close to the real plane in the sim. If not, did you adjust your settings to get it to fly closer to your real plane?

I increased the weight of the plane a bit. That was all that was needed.

An additional 20oz or so if I recall correctly.

That's actually a question that can't be answered honestly. It might fly exactly like my real model (which I don't have), but then you could buy one and it would be completely off. It all depends on setup. If you set your real world model up identically to the RF model, you should get results that are rather close to a match between the two. Just remember,RF calculates things as a best case scenario.

That's actually a question that can't be answered honestly. It might fly exactly like my real model (which I don't have), but then you could buy one and it would be completely off. It all depends on setup. If you set your real world model up identically to the RF model, you should get results that are rather close to a match between the two. Just remember,RF calculates things as a best case scenario.

It can be answered honestly if he set his plane up with all of the recommended components and the person answering it did the same ;)

It can be answered honestly if he set his plane up with all of the recommended components and the person answering it did the same ;)

Bingo!

Yes, we can all set our planes up differently - sim or real life. However, I have my plane in real life setup with the manufacturers recommended hardware, throws, etc.

So, if anyone made any tweaks to the RF Reactor Bipe that they feel made it fly more like the real model, I would like that feedback.

I added more weight and it flew heavier of course, but I think I need to mess with the throws and expo a bit. And possibly the CG.

I was surprised that the stock setup in RF had a 2100mah pack and the wing loading was listed lower than the range listed in the real planes manual.

I was surprised that the stock setup in RF had a 2100mah pack and the wing loading was listed lower than the range listed in the real planes manual.

We were just discussing this very thing (but about all different planes) in THIS thread. From what I understand, the developers are more concerned with making sure the planes fly well rather than realistically. They said it is easier for us to make a plane fly more realistically by tweaking the settings. By "easier", I think they mean that they won't have to deal with a bunch of people complaining about their planes being harder to fly (like in the real world). I personally don't agree with that decision...but I'm not in charge and don't build the models. I personally bought RF so I could learn more about the flight characteristics of specific models. That thought goes out the door when every stock model lacks the "bad tendencies" that the real world version of each model may have in real life. I use the Piper Cubs as an example of this...A Piper Cub that tracks down a runway like it's on rails doesn't exist in the real world (Unless it has a gyro in it) and every Cub model I've flown in this sim zips down the runway straight as an arrow. BTW, I'm only speaking about the stock aircraft. I do believe that the guys here that spend countless hours building models for the community should be able to build them however the hell they want. I like to fly a lot of those models for fun...but I would like to be able to go to the stock models and fly those to learn more and it is hard when they don't fly realistically.

Last edited:
Give this one a try....

Attachments

• ElectriFly Reactor Bipe Heavier_AV.RFX
    56.4 KB · Views: 10
Back