Real Flight 6 Intent to Purchase

Based on what you've seen so far, will you buy RF6?

• Yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would probably have more to say myself, but this weekend we've been preparing for my son Benjamin's 5th birthday (which is today). I also worked for a good 10 hours yesterday on a freelance project, so I haven't had tons of time to really explore the software.

I will post more as I get my hands dirtier with the new version.

I actually just noticed the new HD fields available in RF6. The original Joe's Garage field is still available. The new HD Joe's field has new buildings, vehicles and other things. Between the new flying fields, new aircraft, improved heli physics (which I have to take other's words for), there's no reason for a current customer not to upgrade, even if they're not heli pilots. If you are a heli pilot, this upgrade is a must have. For a long time, RF was the sim for planes, and Phoenix was the sim for helis. That may no longer be true. If an Expansion pack costs $35, and you're willing to pay for them, $50 is a good price to pay for the grapple hook novelty and the rest of the new RF6 features. Come on, phrank, I'm calling you out!!

I have to admit that i did make my mind up and was not going to purchase RF6. After seeing Pic's and hearing about the heli physics from Matt, I am now going to purchase the Upgrade. I am still not in a rush to do it, I will wait till my LHS has it in stock. :)

Hey I'm just calling it out as I see it. ;)
Not a very enthusiastic bunch on a very important weekend for KE. :p
Major product release - check
iHobby weekend where the rest of the world gets hands on - check
Extreme goodwill gesture of KE to their support core - check (perfect timing)
Hands on review and commentary from said support core - yawn, aw I'm too busy doing other things right now.

For a fanboy such as myself this is unacceptable. :D

Maybe it's a good thing phrank didn't get a copy. We'd have see him like this!! :D
plus-size-spartan-zoom.jpg

Phrank, I migrated your t-rex 500 over and with some minor tweaking she's flying better than ever before. Still looking for a setting to increase the rotor mass a little cause she autos like a rock. I need you to get up here in 6 and give me a hand.

willsonman said:
I think with recent events from KE this poll has been invalidated and the results have been skewed.
The point of my poll was to express my opinion of the lack of information at the time. That's why the poll was not open very long at all. I knew more stuff would eventually come out. It just took too long. I think we should have gotten more details quicker once Nemo made his post with the RF6 link. I was not sold with the amount of information at the time. The $50 price point was a tipping point. That price came out MUCH later. Too late, if you ask me. Now that I know how much it costs, and now that I've sat in the driver's seat, I feel differently. Not much of a testimonial, I know, but I'm just a dumb lineman.

jeffpn said:
Maybe it's a good thing phrank didn't get a copy. We'd have see him like this!! :D
That's a great visual Jeff. I was laughing for a few minutes. :D

Last edited:
Go ahead, CDT is all doing their own thing right now, not sure if 6 is in their wish list.

td9cowboy said:
Phrank, I migrated your t-rex 500 over and with some minor tweaking she's flying better than ever before. Still looking for a setting to increase the rotor mass a little cause she autos like a rock. I need you to get up here in 6 and give me a hand.

Geez, that guy is more visually appealing than I.
You see, I'm not what you would call a very handsome guy. :p

Unnm, what?..... Hey! 6, we were talking about 6.

Back