Real flight basic with uncontrolled inputs

Storm7340

Need help please, any suggestions?

I now have had two controllers (support sent a new one) with the same issue. The right stick in mode two makes jerky uncontrolled inputs. The stick jerks forward on its own, causing the aircraft to go nose down and slam into the ground.
If you select the controller and watch it on the screen you can see the stick jerking forward frequently, even with your hand off the control stick.
I have checked and installed all current drivers for my computer and have calibrated the controller several times, as well as re-installing the program.
What is odd is that this is now the second controller with the same problem, so I am beginning to think it's not the controller......maybe the game itself?

I appreciate any help, thx

If it was Real Flight itself, everyone would be experiencing the same problem. Look to your hardware, a defective USB port, etc. Or are you running Widows natively, or on a Mac or Linux system? Try installing it on another computer, if you can. At the very least, go to the Joystick calibration screen in Windows control panel, and see how the controller behaves there. Then go to another machine and do the same thing. The trouble is not with the RF software. But it could be a conflict with other software you're running, like Antivirus software or a Security Suite.

I'm running Windows 7. I have tried the controller in all of the USB ports with no luck, as well as turning off my anti-virus. I have tried calibrating it and you can see the movements on the windows screen as well.
I am unable to try another computer because of my location (work in Iraq). I'm stumped

I'm running Windows 7. I have tried the controller in all of the USB ports with no luck, as well as turning off my anti-virus. I have tried calibrating it and you can see the movements on the windows screen as well.
I am unable to try another computer because of my location (work in Iraq). I'm stumped

This can be due to MANY things...

- Insufficient USB power
- Other devices attached to the USB driver "chain".
- Shorts or poor contact
- Malware
- Undue latency of another device or driver.
- Wrong USB drivers loaded by the operating system.
- Bad Power Supply or regulation
- Fried USB controller or USB 5v regulator.

I would start by unplugging ALL USB devices, then see if the problem lessens.

If not, go into the device manager and UNINSTALL - ALL- "root hubs" and the associated sub devices. Note that USB mice and keyboards WILL stop working temporarily, so you are best off using a PS/2 style keyboard to do all of this.

Once done, reboot with USB devices unplugged.

Windows will re-install the USB driver chain. It may take 10 minutes to do.

Then plug your keyboard, mouse and interlink back in and try again.

Back